VDAT additional tags available ?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

VDAT additional tags available ?

Post by astroman »

When VDAT creates a virtual tape, there's this vtp textfile with just a lonesome filename tag (location on disk)
Maybe there are more available ?
Imho it's not completely beyond reality as the device mimics the Alesis BRC very closely (together with the VRC).
So before starting the exercise of an automated tag generator, I'd rather ask you fellows first :)

cheers, Tom
Music Manic

Re: VDAT additional tags available ?

Post by Music Manic »

Yes it' s modelled on the Alesis recorder.
astroman

Post by astroman »

I have a hardware BRC (and a spare one), read the Alesis manuals and really like the thing.
Even got it working on a dedicated system (at least to a degree)
The Alesis communication is serial sysex data over a RS232c (9 pin) cable - and that seems to be it's weak point: for whatever reason sync may be lost in random intervals. Not very often, but since there's no feedback one may loose a lot of work.
Aside from that 'flaw' you CAN indeed control VDAT by a physical BRC without a screen.

But that's not my main concern here. First of all it's of course curiosity driven, but with more than filepath entries recognized I might squeeze some additional functionality from VDAT. It's nor a real 'problem' either ;)
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

VDAT is another part of Scope's amazing platform. Always use it ro record my stems. Just sounds better to me.