SCOPE PCI on WIN 10 64 interfere NOW with AUDITION, AUDACITY

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bob4u

SCOPE PCI on WIN 10 64 interfere NOW with AUDITION, AUDACITY

Post by bob4u »

Something happened in the last months, probably a incontrollable Windows 10 update:

Scope PCI still working on Windows 10 64 bit (with the known limitations), Adobe Audition and Audacity
WERE working correctly too, but suddenly withou any apparent change:

- Adobe Audition takes a long long time to start and everything is very slow, if I open "devices" it take 2 minutes to open the window... showing a lot of devices such as "Scope Speakers" ?!?!?

- Audacity all the same starts after a long wait time and finally says "no devices"

But even if I click on "speaker" icon in the lower right of the screen to choose the output device there's a strange wait time to show then a lot of devices...

NOTE: I configured 8 wave devices in the driver's setup

If I disable the scope drivers (I have 2) Audition and Audacity starts working normally.

Going in the Devices Management panel - Audio Input and Ouput, it shows plenty of devices such as:
- 8x speakers (Sonic Core Pulsar2)
- 8x SPDIF interface (Sonic Core Pulsar2)
- 8x Line (Sonic Core Pulsar2)

If I disable them nothing changes, If I delete them, Scope reactivate them again.

looking in the "events" tab of those drivers I see that the 12/06/2017 they were configured and started,
the same date I have found 2 Windows update, I removed them but problem remains.

I hate Windows 10 behaviour on updates, it does really what he wants when he wants without control. :x

Any help how to solve this problem ?
Last edited by bob4u on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jksuperstar

Re: SCOPE PCI on WIN 10 64 interfere NOW with AUDITION, AUDA

Post by jksuperstar »

Are you running Audacity or Audition as administrator, in Windows 7/8 compatibility mode?
bob4u

Post by bob4u »

Same behaviour starting normally and with admininstrator rights.

Please understand that Scope, Audacity, Audition worked correctly up to a couple of months ago,
without any apparent changes (with the exception of hellish Windows updates..) now they have problems.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

for what its worth, Audacity launches fine on my updated win10 64bit. Do you happen to have any Viocemeetere or other "virtual" audio drivers installed?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.