Which ASIO in my project?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Which ASIO in my project?

Post by erminardi »

Currently I'm having some troubles with PCI bandwidth (that before I hadn't... :roll: ), so I'm trying to analyse the whole chain and try to solve the issue.
I'm just wondering, in the context, if removing some ASIO I/O (i.e. 18 instead of 32 I/O) can lighten the bandwidth usage and WHICH ASIO driver should I put in my project... because there are so many to choose: ASIO, ASIO float, ASIO2, ASIO-32, etc.

My system:
ASUS Z-87C (LGS 1150)
1x LunaII, 1xScope, 1xScope pro (first series), with the scope pro not used as I/O because of its PCI band issue.
Cubase Pro 8.5
Windows 7 x64

Basically as normal audio card it works flawless, but if I try to load a synth, to use as external synth, I reach suddently and randomly the PCI limit.

I cleaned the STDM connectors but nothing went better. Should I try to clean also the PCI connectors?

Any opinion and experience sharing is welcome :)
Thanks.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
garyb

Re: Which ASIO in my project?

Post by garyb »

XTC mode?

masterverb test?

for Cubase, i would use ASIO2 Float.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Hi Garyb, thanks, I solved the PCI overload problem removing the 3DSP LunaII because I discovered an IRQ conflict... too many boards fitted in my PC: 2xUAD2 and 3xSonic|Core boards!
BTW it was 64bit Scope OS (not XTC).
Now it works all ok.

Thanks specially for the ASIO2 tip, I felt very disoriented in this field :)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)