Is it my allkeys or an installation problem - 32->64

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

broken_halo

Is it my allkeys or an installation problem - 32->64

Post by broken_halo »

Hey everyone , quick question . I just upgraded my windows 7 from 32 - 64 bit ultimate ......slapped in a asus p5p43td mobo and intel q8400 quad core.....everything has been going alright .....I think I actually got everything else installed and operational (I also got sonar X1) .......annnnnyways .....the real problem thats bottle necking me is that once I installed the x64 drivers for my scope and I try to run my platform it won't take my allkeys (or v5 , whatever they call it now) it worked fine with my 32 bit.

The main error it tells me after I import my keyfile is "installation error or invalid activation key " E0001A ....now I'm pretty sure the installation is fine because it is showing up fine in my device manager and all that ......so do I really have to wait on soniccore to send me an updated key file ?!?!?!

Oh and totally off topic but thought I would put it out there....if your trying to install X1 with waves plugins don't bother....it doesn't recognize the waveshells of later dates (one waveshell puts the word "waves" in front of the plugin name and that apparently freaks sonar out) I spent all night trying to figure out the issue and the fix is simple......install X1 as a 32 bit (you can have both 64 and 32 bit installed) and it has no problem finding those old shells and the plugins....
broken_halo

Re: Is it my allkeys or an installation problem - 32->64

Post by broken_halo »

oh and p.s , I live in Canada .....is there a creamware support contact in North America ....I really don't want to have to be up at 3 a.m to do technical support :p
garyb

Post by garyb »

you can contact me. pm me and i'll give you the number.

v5 keys WILL NOT work with v5.1. 64bit is a paid upgrade. if you purchased v5 recently, you may be able to get 64bit free, otherwise, all pci cards have to pay. the guys writing code won't work for free...
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

How much money are we talking about here>? I received version 5 last year with no issues or having to pay anything , why would I have to pay for the 64 bit ??
garyb

Post by garyb »

the cost is for the cost of the program rewrite for 64bit and support for discontinued cards.