could someone check a major bug in sts 4000 sampler

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

Guys

Try open the sample editor in sts 4000 working under version 3.0

When i do that i get the following error :

EXEPTION : nill reference on left side '.'

and then it splatters all over my screen the sample editor...

but when i close it no problem , but u cant open the sample editor..

it does not alter the performance of the sts 4000....

Need verification about this bug ??
ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

I'm often experiencing the same thing with the STS-5000 sampler. It's most often happening when trying to use the editor, but sometimes the error appears at other occasions (importing AKAI samples, or just changing parameters)
I haven't noticed the problem since I upgraded to 3.01 from 3.0 but it's been only one day since I upgraded so it could still happen:)
astroman

Post by astroman »

Since I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.01 I never saw this again (2 month now). Btw it wasn't related to any of the samplers in my system, seems to be in the basic software.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I'm Mac based so this may not be relevant. I also had 'nil reference' problems on my STS3000 when I upgraded to V3.01. When I mailed CW their response was that I should execute the v3 .oxe file that you can generate from the My Page section on the CW site. That cured that problem but not my main problem which is samples won't play over the range of the keyboard, i.e. they remain a constant pitch. I've tried the Constant/Track function in the Sample Zone but this has no effect. I await v3.1 for the cure.
TonyR.
ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

I'm still experiencing this bug with the 3.01 software..... but now it only happens if I have a complex configuration running on the DSP's and I enter the save as/recent menu..... very strange