Scope V5 strange behaviour whe loading old project :normal ?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nebelfuerst

Scope V5 strange behaviour whe loading old project :normal ?

Post by nebelfuerst »

Hi,

I have a variety of the DSP cards.
Now I try to load some old projects, which I started with scope1 but which still worked well on V4.
( I also modified them on V4.)

When loading on V5, I get lots of questions for licenses for some components, which I do own in the V5.

For example, I'm ask for a licenses of miniscope, because Scope seems to load the old path of miniscope from the pulsar V4 directory. The V5 also has a miniscope, which I cannot point to instead.
What bothers me even more is the quest for licenses when loading my beloved Bigmixer V2B...

After clicking "X" on the licenses-requester a few times, scope crashes completely...

Any ideas, what I can try ?
bye
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
cortone

Re: Scope V5 strange behaviour whe loading old project :normal ?

Post by cortone »

nebelfuerst,

Have you changed the name of the original Scope V4 folder? Try this and see if it gives you an opportunity to point to the devices in the V5 folder.

As far as BigMixer goes, that is so old that it very well may not be functional anymore (didn't it disappear around V3.1?). They have optimized several of the STM mixers for V5.

You may need to contact S/C to sort out some of the keys, even though they appear in the keyfile. Did you ever have V4.5, or have you upgraded to V5?

Miniscope may be a problem once you get past any key issues, as on many systems it comes up as a "ghost" with dials and buttons visible but an otherwise invisible surface. I can't get it to work on my system.

Cheers,
Cory
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I also own the 4.5, but this time I tried a clean install of V5.

( My old installation is an endless upgrade from V1 to V4. Although someone might think, this is a nightmare, it is a perfect stable system. The V5 clean install of the latest 11.08.09 Version shouldn't suffer any issues due to a previous installed SW.)

Do you think it would help to install 4.5 first and than upgrade to V5 ?

bye
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
cortone

Post by cortone »

I think the clean install is the right way to go. You have already sent your scope.rgy file to SC, and received the keyfile for V5, is that correct? They are different formats, so you can't use the V4 for V5. If you have that already, you will need to contact SC to sort out the problems you are having with the keyfile.

Cheers,
Cory