Sysex trasmit problem with Luna 2 and Scope 4

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

djstudio

Sysex trasmit problem with Luna 2 and Scope 4

Post by djstudio »

Hi to all,
I have tried to send sysex to my synth hardware but the Luna do not want to trasmit sysex.
I have tried in xtc mode and cubase SE 3 and in standard mode and I have tried to routing all possible combination with Luna midi in to midi out or seq in to seq out ect ect but do not want to trasmit sysex.
My system is Windows XP SP3 with Scope 4.
I have also tried to work with Sounddiver with Scope no in xtc mode but do not work...
Any suggestion?
Regards
erminardi

Re: Sysex trasmit problem with Luna 2 and Scope 4

Post by erminardi »

Just buy a USB to Midi cable for 15-20$ and you 're done ;)
I had same problems like yours and solved easily in this way (and now I've also a portable midi interface for my laptop :D )
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
djstudio

Post by djstudio »

well, I can use the integrated audio card but not this problem beacause I use Luna with Cubase and i must send sysex trhu Luna.....
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I think that Scope in some way blocks the sysex infos in his midi chain... I really never solved this problem! :-?
Just try to connect midi sequencer output directly to hardware midi output, without any other midi device as filter, but if I remember well, is the same...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

djstudio wrote:well, I can use the integrated audio card but not this problem beacause I use Luna with Cubase and i must send sysex trhu Luna.....
Mh, I cannot imagine why U need to operate absolutely through the Scope Midi I/O instead another Midi interface?
djstudio

Post by djstudio »

erminardi wrote:
djstudio wrote:well, I can use the integrated audio card but not this problem beacause I use Luna with Cubase and i must send sysex trhu Luna.....
Mh, I cannot imagine why U need to operate absolutely through the Scope Midi I/O instead another Midi interface?
because i have connect all midi device on A880 midi patch bay and i have not more in/out avaible.
With another midi interface i can use Luna only for audio!!!
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Warning, also midi patchbays are something like "firewalls" for midi sysex!
Mine from Kawai (MAV-8) blocks sysex...
djstudio

Post by djstudio »

erminardi wrote:Warning, also midi patchbays are something like "firewalls" for midi sysex!
Mine from Kawai (MAV-8) blocks sysex...
With my old Terratec EWS64XL or with EMU 0404 work fine :)
The problem is the Luna midi
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

Did you slow the cubase tracking down to 10 bpm before sending sysex?

/dave
djstudio

Post by djstudio »

yes, i have tried all, the sysex no trasmit :evil:
With other hardware is all ok.
i think that creamware HW do not permit the sysex data (i have read that also with pulsar the same problem)
JyGius

Post by JyGius »

djstudio wrote:yes, i have tried all, the sysex no trasmit :evil:
With other hardware is all ok.
i think that creamware HW do not permit the sysex data (i have read that also with pulsar the same problem)
If I send sysex from a hardware synth to the physical midi in of my pulsar 2... I get a crash!
But...I get the same result if the same midi in receives Active Sensing...

What do you think?
garyb

Post by garyb »

too much info for the buffers.

use a cheap usb interface for systex or slow the transmission of data if you can.
winger

Post by winger »

I have had problems with active sensing causing my system to lockup. I don't use sysex.

The comment above about slow down the transfer, "too much info for the buffers"????

Midi is sooooooooooooooo slow compared to audio, there is no reason the a scope/pulsar/project card shouldn't be able to handle full speed midi sysex, active sensing, etc continuously.

(I had a pc with 8088 4.77 mhz, cakewalk. I had a 4 port midi interface and it handle anything I could throw at it and I never had a problem)

I say there is a bug in the midi handling in the creamware(soniccore) software.
mark winger