SFP opens, no messages, but DSPs don't load

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jez

SFP opens, no messages, but DSPs don't load

Post by Jez »

Has anyone seen this before? Note how all the devices are loading in software but not onto the boards. No error messages appeared.
Attachments
DSP Not Loading
DSP Not Loading
Scope not loading.JPG (237.76 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, reselect the samplerate to reload dsps, or restart scope. you had a pci overflow or other problem and hadn't reset the system yet.....
Jez

Post by Jez »

Thanks for response garyb. Mmm - that is what I thought to, but changing the sample rate has no effect (the sample rate box remains blank), going from Master to Slave has no effect. And I have reloaded SFP a few times and rebooted the machine all to no avail...

I thought maybe its time to clean the contacts but I at least expected a dialogue box telling me about communication errors. This is most bizarre!
Jez

Post by Jez »

After changing the ULLI response time SFP started to talk to me...
Attachments
Scope Exception.JPG
Scope Exception.JPG (217.84 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

that box was probably hiding...

perhaps you have a corrupted project or the midimonitor module in that project is corrupt. try removing the midi monitor and resaving. it may work then. then try to put the midi monitor back. otherwise, i'd try to just shotgun the program. shut down scope and reinstall scope over the top of the old install and restart scope.
Jez

Post by Jez »

Thanks. Methinks it might be time for a complete reinstall...
Jez

Post by Jez »

Yes, it does. Didn't matter what projects I loaded the devs didn't go onto the dsps
garyb

Post by garyb »

try running the installer over the old install. likely this will fix the corrupted file and make things work again(shotgun method). you can still back up the device and preset folders, but installing over the top shouldn't have any effect on your personal files....