My top 3 requests for ModV3

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

The "new ideas for Modular" thread has plenty of great ideas, but what are your top three requests ? It's hard to knock it down to three, but mine are:

* 32-step sequencer modules with bigger "grab" handles and the ability to input the notes direct from a connected keyboard

* "Export to wav" function on all sequencer modules (I know I keep mentioning this but please be tolerant)

* Ability to "lock and skin" modules. It would be great to add your own bitmap background and knobs and to "lock" the device so it could be distributed like a true device. Some modules might also be able to be hidden from display. This would be a bit like the DashSynthesis concept for Reaktor.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Export to wave and bigger sequencer modules would be near the end of my list personally... There are other very easy ways to get sequencing (fruityloops) and recording (logic/soundforge/vdat, etc).

As far as skinning, one way to accomplish this might be just a way to "minimize" each module into a small 1U device if you're not using any knobs on it. Sort of like windowblinds? Of course I hope creamware takes a good look at <a href=http://www.squest.com/Windows/Infinity- ... SoundQuest Infinity</a> for ideas...

I'd personally love to see more SOUND devices, since I think this is the obvious area where the modular2 really excels.
----

:smile: My number 1 request would be the atoms from the Sequential ProOne / Prophet - the filters and oscillators.

:smile: I would also love the miniMAX filters/oscillators, and perhaps even the Vectron or other ROM-wave pool style oscillators - either the ability to load/create/draw your own "ROM"s or a few good pools of "ROM"s.

:smile: Along the lines of skinning, I'd love to see the ability to map more than one modular knob either positively, or negatively, to one single CC. For example: rotating one of the Modular's filter Cutoffs positively with CC35, and have one of the oscillator volumes turn down also with CC35 (same physical knob). I'd like to control a complex relationship between parameters easier. Like skinning, I'm thinking this may be more in the realm of /DP but might as well present the idea...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2002-08-05 12:56 ]</font>
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

I'm surprised there haven't been more responses to this thread, but its actually pretty difficult to think of a top three, isn't it.

Mine are not very esoteric, really.

1.) Addition of all the new filters & oscillators (Minimax, Lightwave, etc, including the ProOne series stuff)

2.) Improved Sample modules, including Akai format playback, userdefined wavetables, etc.

3.) Well, this last one is so basic it hardly counts as a new feature, but I'd really like the Modular frame to come with a notepad. Next to the preset button, a little button which you can click on up pops a notepad where you jot down notes about the patch. I think this would make it much easier for people to commununicate with each other what they intended when building a patch. I have a zillion patches which I downloaded from PlanetZ and sometimes I load them up and have no idea what the patch is doing, or meant to do.
massusen

Post by massusen »

Hi,

This is interesting, and will probably end up being a long list with no similarities, but I want to add my Top 3 too.

1. Morphingtargets(yeah, I know, I keep coming back to them, but hey- all knobs at once!)whese these morhingtargets are modules with modulation inputs! To morph the targets with env. and LFO:s and so on...
2. Effectmodules with modulationinputs( so you can hook up env. and LFO:s and whatever)
3. Something realtime FFT:ish- splitting up a signal in separate bands and recreating it with any given set of osc.

:eek:

these modules would rock my world!

M
olivar1

Post by olivar1 »

what would be great is a sample player for the modular that can have the starting point of the sample modulated.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

* The CW engineer seem to have a mental wall that keeps them from getting this right: Filter cut off in HERTZ, no MIDI gibberish, please.

* ENV modules need to display some numbers. The "move mouse on top" isn't enough. Direct input it better.

* Different types of knobs/controllers for the ModIII remote control surface. CW added XY controllers, but they can't be used in your remote control surface... that's just silly. This goes along the line of "make it more like Reaktor" bunch of wishes. Customizable control surface. That's more clear.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I still want to see an analogue step sequencer. Already has one! I hear you cry. Well yes & no. There is a step sequencer but is resolutely MIDI-note based in terms of frequency. True analogue sequencers allowed you to continuously adjust the pitch knobs, so microtonal or just plain weird notes could be had. I know you couldn't have MIDI out from such a module but who cares? Also a Drum Sequencer with triplet capability would be nice as I'm trying to build a virtual CR-78.

As for Prophet, Pro-One and Minimax oscillators and filters, I doubt they'd do that as who would then buy the real jobbies?

Also a skin with simple On/Off buttons as well as knobs would be handy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TonyR on 2002-10-24 10:49 ]</font>