Timeworks Series III

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

Seems to work fine here, the screensets w STW. I'm on WinXP/SFP 3.1c.
BlackSun

Post by BlackSun »

Why doas the verb starts with this unuseable preset?????
Anyway:
Thanx for V3!!!!!!
at0m

Post by at0m »

Why the unuseable preset? The 4080L was told not to have a nice tail. Now they put a long verb as first one to show us something ;) It's a great long one, but it's not used often, that's true.
Remember all presets are now set to dry=0 by default.

You won't hear me complaining about the preset list setup! Before, they were setup to be inserts, see http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=13&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-11-09 15:52 ]</font>
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Version 3.2 update available @ http://www.sonictimeworks.com

Fixes "On Top" problems on all devices, plus a nasty "input-level-restore-bug" in the Mastering comps.

Kim.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kimgr on 2002-10-28 01:57 ]</font>
davo

Post by davo »

That's cool,

Thanks Kim
zgogor

Post by zgogor »

Any Mac user of Timeworks ??
Is it good ??
zgogOr
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Thanks Kim!
I just bought Sharc-One and it's fantastic. Decent sound and great functionality. Superb!
Steve.
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

REMINDER:

Only two weeks left !!! Upgrade your Timeworks Studiobundle to the Gold version, including Sharc One recording channel, for only $99,- (After December 31st it'll be $149,-)
Go See http://sonictimeworks.com

Happy Holidays,

Kim.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

On 2002-09-27 11:38, at0mic wrote:
Seems to work fine here, the screensets w STW. I'm on WinXP/SFP 3.1c.
Did this issue ever get resolved? On my machine (WinXP, SFP 3.1c, latest version of plugins) the devices don't work with screenshots - at least the 4080L does not - haven't tried the others in this respect.

Cheers,
Ben
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

The 4080L ScreenSet bug has been fixed in version 3.2a, now available at http://d-media.dk/plugs/SeriesIII.htm

Kim.
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

Version 3.2b download and info at:
http://d-media.dk/plugs/SeriesIII.htm

Kim.
BlackSun

Post by BlackSun »

On 2002-10-02 03:39, at0mic wrote:
Why the unuseable preset? The 4080L was told not to have a nice tail. Now they put a long verb as first one to show us something :wink: It's a great long one, but it's not used often, that's true.
Remember all presets are now set to dry=0 by default.

You won't hear me complaining about the preset list setup! Before, they were setup to be inserts, see http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=13&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: at0mic on 2002-11-09 15:52 ]</font>
We are NOT talking about the same startup-preset!
In first V3 the preset was REALLY unuseable!! (High cut filter @ 0 Hz)

Anyay: Fixed now and I love compressorx and vintage EQ :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackSun on 2003-04-26 19:14 ]</font>
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Kim!Is there any news on you putting L.E.D monitors(with peak hold) for the timeworks stuff?I find the VU too small when it gets to intensive mixing.I beleieve you talked about a price.How much?
Thx
P.S did you get round to testind Z-link against Syncplate?
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

There are no plans (right now) to add new functionallity to the existing plugins...

And no, I didn't get round to testing Z-link against wordclock yet.

Kim.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Hi!
Anyone else recognized, that the attack time in compressor x is not shown in ms!? Compare it to the dx-demo! Only very, very short attack times are possible with the pulsar-version.

Martin
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Hi!
Is there still hope left, that the bug with the (too) short Attack times will be fixed in the future? I ADDED NEW INFORMATIONS IN THE END OF THE MAIL (16.11.2003).

What did MO tell you on your request of changing the dsp code? If it's not possible to fix it, please give a short note, so I won't wait any longer for the update.

thanks

Martin

My rating is a 3 now. (Today, 20.12.03 I changed it to a 9!! see below.) I noticed problems with the mastering compressors too: crackling on different attack-settings - but I don't need them too much. One can work with them (with standard values).

Compressor X in directX mode is a full 10 as I remember from testing the demo some time ago. That's what I expect from an expensive device. And I expect service and updates for bugs for an expensive device like compX for Pulsar. I am a bit confused, that noone seems to recognize the attack problems which are quite obvious. kimgr confirmed that "internal control somehow got completely screwed up" - so I'm wondering if it's not part of the service to repair it. For me this screws up the whole package (regarding the actual price).

4080 Reverb receices a 10 for it's sound, but sometimes it causes strange effects on my dsps - maybe it's just my system.

Vintage EQ is most used device from that package for me. It sounds very good, but I won't purchase it as a single device for that price (just my personal view).
So I'm rating the whole package and i cannot recommend it because of the problems with compX. Better go and buy a vinco + PsyQ (I know that's not the same, but it's an example of how well devices can be worth the money and make you happy all day!)

EDITING: good news:
SEEMS AS IF I WERE TOO FAST.
KimGR told me that he is still working on an update of CompX that will be finished soon.
So I hope that my nasty words in this mail were unfair. If there will be a working CompX update (that works similar to the dx version) I change my opinion on the pack. Yippie!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MCCYRANO on 2003-10-12 07:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MCCYRANO on 2003-11-16 18:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MCCYRANO on 2003-12-20 14:52 ]</font>
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Me again...
I don't know how far I am allowed to talk about... but I'd like to let you know, that my problems will be solved in the near future and I'd like to thank mister kimgr for that!!!

Compressor X: 10 points!!

Have a nice Christmas, you all.

Martin
Bill Doughty

Post by Bill Doughty »

How can you tell which versions you have installed? I can't find the version info on the 4080L itself, and the zip file I downloaded a while back just says Timeworks_III_3_2.zip.

Bill
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

You can only tell by the modification dates...
Go to http://d-media.dk/plugs/SeriesIII.htm to get the latest version, 3.2b
(Remember to backup your preset files before overwriting.)

Kim.
Bill Doughty

Post by Bill Doughty »

Thanks, Kim. Will do. Version info within the device or device file name might come in handy for you or others in the future.

Regards,
Bill