30´Jazz with ErrolGarner

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Jazz<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: PulsarMixer DR110-Drums Cubase with Plug´s<BR> copyright © 2002 ChrisWerner<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> There was a conversation about Niki´s Jazz Track, about clean or dirty sounding and the PlugIn Izotope Vinyl.
I generate a 30´s Jazz Track with Errol Garner and Band on a 80´Record.
No musicans play here ,all music is Computergenerated ,I only made the arrangement and sounding.
I tried to keep this old ,smoke-filled-Jazz Club ambient up.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

amazing work chris, if it wasn't for the drum that you can recognize computer generated (maybe this is just mp3 encoding that cannot cope with the cymbals high pitch), i'd have been completely fooled
remixme

Post by remixme »

I really like the feel of this piece good job!

I'm working on a few Jazz arrangements myself, I like the piano work, although the sound of the piano is a tad harsh, I feel for this type of track you want a more mellow feel, and just maybe brought forward in the mix slightly, compared to the bass which is really dry, it sounds a bit too far back.
I also think you could do with easing off a bit on the noise plugin, in particular the distortion control, in some places the distortion doesn't quite sound musical.
Let me reiterate that I like this piece, but I think the computer sounds let it down, for drums have you tried steinberg LM4 or Edirol Superquartet? Or even the free drum synth that comes with cubase; lm9 I think the snare and kick can be particularly useful.

If you'd like to do a collaboration sometime let me know.
Once again, good job!
Add life to your days, not days to your life.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Hi, I will explain how I worked on this track.
I tried the program Band In a Box http://www.pgmusic.com/ .
I choosed the style 30 or 40 Jazz and done some arrangement work, what is really easy with this Prg. Then I let play ErrolGarner some solos.
After that I exported the Midi File and imported it in Cubase. There I made a 32bit record of each Midi Track over the TrueTape function. All sounds (except the drums) come from the GeneralMidiSection of my Yamaha CS1x. The drums came from the Drumsampler Battery with DR110 drumsamples. After this I used two Reverbs. One with a short "studio" room on drums and Bass, the other with a bit longer Reverb on all other tracks. Then I placed all tracks in there stereo image with the PlugIn Stereo Expander. Finaly I used the IzotopeVinyl the get some old record ambient,I recognized that the BD will fall out the spectrum but I liked it all in all.
On some places it is a little overkilled and distorted like.That comes from the maximizer I use , I should level the wet dry propotion.
All in all it was a work for ca.40 minutes and the result is great I think. Maybe I could use the Plug The Grand on the Piano and use some real drums.
It would be great to work with you in a collaboration remixme. Maybe we can make a new Jazz piece I could generate some for you or us.I will post them to you and we can choose one out of it ,for a real good mix.
Till then...and thank you again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2002-06-16 01:26 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

great track.. though if I use my Evans set of standards, it would be hard to say it's got that live feel. (not sure of the 30's) The key riffs are cool. It might be fun to even jam with the band in the box thing. Great work nonetheless though! It's nice to feel the jazz breeze here on planetz. It's all cool, the horizon on planetz just keeps expanding. I dig, I dig. hehe.