Error trying to load one "Midi Source" more

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

DarkDog

Post by DarkDog »

Hello to all:

I have a error when I try to load one midi source more, in addition to the midi source that appears every time in the enviroment. Appears a dialog box: "Module uC input cannot be loaded onto your hardware", and then appears the next error: "A capacity limit of your DSP have been reached, the cause is: Module uC input cannot be loaded onto your hardware"

I have:
Pulsar Plus
Elektra
MOBO: ECS K7S5A -----> http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/k7s5a.htm (chipset sis 735)

I don't know why I have 5 pci cards in the irq 11!!!

I'll apreciate any answer
Thx to all
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Sounds like you have your computer in ACPI mode and you are running Windows 2000/XP?

Also when you drag a MIDI Source/Dest into your project, you will want to drag a "Pulsar Midi Source" and then an "Elektra Midi Source" or similiar...

On a related note, you can change the number of <i>software</i> midi ports you can load, by adjusting this setting in the Device Manager, Driver settings for your Creamware cards...
DarkDog

Post by DarkDog »

Hi :smile:

I want to load 2 or more midi sources, from pulsar or elektra, but appears this error.

I have 8 midi I/O activated on the Device Manager, and I have Windows ME.

Greetings
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Do you have an STDM ribbon cable connecting your boards together?

You should really <b>NOT be running in ACPI mode</b> - so if you're in Win2k/XP (you didn't mention it still), consider changing this. See the Optimize 2k/XP thread in Tips & Tricks for more info on ACPI. Run in Standard mode for best performance.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

The software midi ports (which you have set to 8 in your driver settings) correspond to "Sequencer Midi Source" modules. You should be able to load up to 8 of these.

As far as physical midi I/os, you should be able to load one for each board: Pulsar Midi Source, and ELektra Midi source.

You need to be more specific which one of these you're running into problems using for us to even begin to help you.
DarkDog

Post by DarkDog »

Yes, I was wrong, I confused physical midi I/os with midi sequencer source.

I've solved the problem of have 5 pci devices in the irq 11 by removing from the bios the mpu and the joystick port

Thx for all :smile: