Best PC specs to get at the moment????

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

dguna

Post by dguna »

Got it....

and all i can say is ...

SSSSWWWEEEEEEETTTT as!

I haven't fully tested it, but so far so good.

thanks guys for all your help... youz are all champs!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Good news. You're sure to have one or two little ripples, but it will all work out :wink:

Who'd you end up buying it from ? A recommendation ?
dguna

Post by dguna »

I got it from programmers paradise http://www.programmersparadise.com.au. Great service, price and their right next door ..well almost.

I've got a weird thing happening in logic 5 though...In the arrange window, when i want to change say the audio instrument into an audio track, all the menus pop up, but when i click the audio track (eg: audio 9) it doesn't change... ???

I can change it simply by deleting the track and then creating a new one, but i dont' understand why it doesn't work??? I was thinking of maybe installing logic 5 again....

I'm looking to get 2 17' monitors, anyone recommend a good place to get them? (i'm in OZ)

thanks
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

I was able to pick up a couple of 17inch "Digital" trinitron monitors for $220 each second hand mint condition. I can tell you now that trinitron monitors are soooo much better :smile:
Just an idea!
dguna

Post by dguna »

yeah bassdude... I got 1 black 17' IBM (trinitron) monitor 2nd hand - bargain for $120 with 3months warranty!...

I'm looking for 1 more thats the same...
I also agree with ya on the trinitron... looks great!

One thing though... i'm not sure if its a setting or not, but on a white background, large black text has a shadow emerging right from it???? (not on small text though?

Is this a config problem or monitor itself?
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Ahhh ya lucky devil dguna! I would love to have black monitors.

I haven't seen the shadow thang you mention even after doing a test in wordpad with very large fonts. (have you tried this using different fonts and colours?)

It could be configuration, it could be the monitor, it could also be the video card. Have you got another video card you can try?
dguna

Post by dguna »

Nup... unfortunately I dont have another card I can try... I should be getting another monitor soon (when I can find one) and then i can test if its monitor or not... I should also install the latest drivers for my G450... hehehhe....

but the shadow thing aint that bad... not noticable at all when using pulsar or logic, so all is well!!!