KT333 GA-7RXP, 760 NB - Subhuman?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

WayneSim

Post by WayneSim »

I'm just wanting to know if anyone will be testing the AMD KT333 motherboards. I know there are problems with the via mobo's. But I heard that the new GA-7VRXP will have an AMD 760 nothbridge and the VIA Southbridge. It seems it's an update of the 7DXR implementing the new KT333. It also seems that Gigabyte are the only ones who will do this. All other companys are going with the both VIA north and southbridge with the KT333.

I was thinking this could be the best new motherboard for CW and AMD. But then again I don't really understand the technical problems with the VIA motherboards. I haven't studied it enough. Would the 760 northbridge with the VIA southbridge work well with Audio apps including logic, cubase, protools and CW? Or is it the VIA southbridge you have problems with?

I hope subhuman can answer these questions.
If not can anyone else help.

Thanks
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

KT333 - never. :smile:
WayneSim

Post by WayneSim »

On 2002-03-01 09:08, subhuman wrote:
KT333 - never. :smile:
I assume you mean you will never test these motherboards.
What about my other question!
What problems have you had with the Via motherboards? Is it the North or Southbridge? or am I way off?
at0m

Post by at0m »

I think it's one of these bridges, yes.

I got myself a VIA deck (MSI 694Dpro) too at first, I thought I could hack it. Well, I could, but it was such a hassle each new install (and during operations) that I ordered an 815 chipset motherboard.

Why? Cos it works out of the box. I never have to worry about those tweaks again.

So you might be running on VIA fat dumb and happy, yes. And there's tweaks, yes. But if you wanna get a NEW deck: skip it. Don't take the risk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2002-03-01 16:43 ]</font>