Let the finest ears be the judge

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: House<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Mixers<BR> copyright © 2000 Ken Suguro<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> It's been a while since my last music post....

This is a song for my friend's audition that's coming up in early February. Anyway, this track has to be good. Is it? This is the premaster version, so you can experience the full dynamics. Check it out. Seeking for all kinds of comments.

Track done on Triton, then mixed on Pulsar. This is a karaoke version. I'm particularly worried about the chorus tracks being washed away. Oh yeah, and by the way, the friend is the one that was singing in my Christmas song.
Valium

Post by Valium »

hy there,

well seems like a good song to me, although it's not my style. If it was me doing it, I'd probably try to get the voice, and the bassline a little more in front ... maybe damping (I hope you understand damping, don't know if it's correct English) the tss sounds in the drumpart ...

But as I said, that's just my taste as to music goes ...

Keep on the good work ..

greetz
Micha

Post by Micha »

Hi Ken,
agree with your sorrow for the chorus. Very straight forward song. Hope it is what is expected. Helps to show the clearness of the voice. Maybe you could built in a break for some erotic uuuhh-ing (the sales-guys like it - unfulfilled wishes???). I must admit, that I really hate this style. But the mainstream producers think different. So for the "gallery" some voice acrobatics?
BTW: good house music!
Happy pulsaring
Micha
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Thanx for ya'lls input. I've redone the mix again, and some of the chorus are now fixed. The problem was that my lowpass in the reverb was too low. But now I've got slight sibillance problems. This exciter business was harder than I'd thought.
On 2002-01-31 03:07, Micha wrote:
Maybe you could built in a break for some erotic uuuhh-ing (the sales-guys like it - unfulfilled wishes???).
ya know, I asked the girl to do it and she got so embarassed! Cute. So I was thinking of putting in the breathy sounds my self, but then I got too carried away playing the conga. :smile: Yeah, by the way, the percussion that comes in during the second time thru is me playing the conga with my fingertips. Sounds sort of like a tabla.
I must admit, that I really hate this style. But the mainstream producers think different.
Yep, you know the mainstream guys.
Micha

Post by Micha »

OK, so maybe you can make her clear that she should think about how to show the flexibility and the range of the voice as instrument. Not in the Kate Bush style, but at two or three occasions? :wink:
eliam

Post by eliam »

Nice work!

Suggested improvements:

-Put the vocals in front of the background. The singer and the lyrics must be more audible. When there's a rest in the voice part, then let the music carry up the thing.
-The song definitely calls for a bridge and maybe a slight improvement in the voice during the chorus. The rythm (of the voice in the chorus) is a bit too repetitive and in my opinion too much on the down beats, which makes it a bit annoying.
-Read the thread "get the most out of your sampler" in "tips and tricks" and have your volume control modulate your low-pass filters. This is simple and will greatly improve your strings...

Hope it helped...

Ciao :smile:
-
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

again, thnx for the comments.

I would love to implement you tips, eliam, but too bad the Trinity that I made this on, is in another place, far from where I live. I will try it in some of my future projects.

The track will go into the hands of the vocal, tomorrow. We'll see how the audition goes. If she gets a contract, it's great news cuz that's yet another connection into the market. (I'm becoming desparate for the bucks)
eliam

Post by eliam »

Yup... because your ideas are good and I find that your melodies enhance the global aspect of the music... With some sampler tweaking (and a few hours of programming) it might get closer to a broadcast quality release. And I think you might want that...!
eliam

Post by eliam »

Yup... because your ideas are good and I find that your melodies enhance the global aspect of the music... With some sampler tweaking (and a few hours of programming) it might get closer to a broadcast quality release. And I think you might want that...!