Long Live the Scope Platform

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Long Live the Scope Platform

Post by yayajohn »

Just past the 25yr mark of my original Pulsar1. A+++++++inf
Currently running smoothly installed on a Windows 10 64bit machine Scope 7
When it eventually dies it will go on a plaque to hang on my wall with the title:
"Greatest Purchase Ever!"
Since then:
1 Scope Pro
1 Scope Pro Booster
4 Scope Project
2 Xite-1
1 A16U
1 A16XLR
1 PlanetZ =The most awesome user forum in existance. I knew so little back then that I didn't even sign up to post anything until many years later. It has been a great education from the many knowledgable and generous people here over the years. Great big Thank You to all of you.
Pulsar1.PNG
Pulsar1.PNG (119.87 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
garyb

Re: Long Live the Scope Platform

Post by garyb »

awesome! that's how i feel!
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Great post yaya,
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I haven't checked how long its been since my first Pulsar 2 card but it would be more thasn 20 years.
Heres to another 20.
maus
fidox

Post by fidox »

Me too, at least 25years now.

2 computers connected together :
1 (main) - 2 x Pulsar XTC + 1 x Luna II (Windows 10 64bit Pro) - Scope 7
2 (secondary) - 3 x Luna II (Windows 11 64bit Pro) - Scope 5
:D
Last edited by fidox on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

:D
valis

Post by valis »

Too many computers in here! But I do love my Scope PCI box and my newer Scope Xite box.

VIva La Scope!
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Testing wt-3d (first time) with my tubes on Xite-1.

It is good
4444.jpg
4444.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 991 times
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Close to 30 years since I started with a TripleDat card, and still have my original Pulsar 1 card working.
While other equipment and software has caught up considerably, Scope still feels like I'm using something from a more advanced future.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Started around 1998 with scope 1.1 or 1.2 with a 4 DSP Pulsar, which was a big investment in those days.
Still using scope (now with xite) as the central heart of my projects.
Some projects took me 15 years to finish, so I really appreciate the backward compatibility of later versions.

@Valis: "too many computers" sounds like you're feeling guilty about. To make you feel better: I have around 30 of them and it feels quite right :)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

We had barbershop music now we have internet cafe music. That's cool by the way.

350 people on planetz today?

I guess the retirement home had a day off or something
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

fra77x2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm We had barbershop music now we have internet cafe music. That's cool by the way.

350 people on planetz today?

I guess the retirement home had a day off or something

:lol: :lol:
valis

Post by valis »

We’re inundated by bots since November, trying to take the server down with bandwidth. Been playing wack-a-mole this whole time.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I got a Luna in 2003 I think., soon after got the pulsar. So had 9 chips in total!!
My studio got broken into and that computer amongst most of my kit got stolen! (Bizarrely around the time the Xite-1 was released)
So I replaced with an Xite-1.
Wonderful stuff even with some of the longstanding niggles!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Lady SCOPE has always been much more than just 'Gear', she's the personification of a deep philosophy.

When i first started researching SCOPE and buying my first SCOPE PCI cards i got a 'Epiphony' and realized how ITB Music Production SHOULD be done. My thinking was permanently changed.

1. I believe that one should have REALTIME Tracking ability threw-out all Stages of Music Production with FX AND Instruments AND Routing.

2. I believe in VERY flexible Routing even if that sophistication is rarely used the capability should still be there.

3. I believe in having a 'heart' to my Studio wich brings ALL gear Outboard and Virtual into a 'ONENESS'.

4. SCOPE is synonomous with longevity. A lot of Native gear and Computers have came and gone in my Studio with SCOPE being the one constant , she's enjoying a continuum that few ITB gear in history have had. Continuity is important to me.

5. I believe great sounding Tracks don't start with Effects but with the Original Source and Modular 4 is a GREAT starting point! Modular 4, I believe it has the ideal sound for a perfect main go-to/general purpose instrument. It is clean sounding but not sterile and boring. It has a mild character that that sounds interesting but not too dominant and just generally works in a Mix. Plus it is smooth sounding and without a harshness conspicuosly protruding outward and drawing negative attention. Many Modules are bright sounding and have a presence to them that keeps them from sounding too distant. Modular 4 truly sounds high-end while sitting on REALtime dsp's giving it high-end performance to.

6. SCOPE is a Complete Platform and there is more strenghth in Completeness. I tend to prefer complete solutions and believe they generally work best.

I believe much of SCOPEs endurance is due to it representing a much deeper philosophy than this current Generation have, meaning there's nowhere else for those of us who love that depth to go. This generation loves fads, trends, frills, gimmicks, glitz, and glamour. This Generation is not able to discern lasting and true intrinsic value of great gear. SCOPE was the first ITB Gear i owned that truly was high-end and remains so, and SCOPE helped to train my ears and eyes to what great gear should be like. SCOPE is not just gear i had for about 17 years but rather schooling into a deeper understanding of Music Production and into what fits me.

EDITED