Little-Rock Guitar Acoustic/Distortion Style

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

LHong

Post by LHong »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Rock<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © Long Hong<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Not sure what type of song it is, just share with you the instrumental music (might be a little ROCK). There are some styles of strumming acoustic-guitar (back-ground) and electric-distortion-guitar Soloed (like Van-H style). This song also has about more than 28 tracks. All instruments are Giga-sample (not real, is it?) and Pulsar/scope-SP modular2 like Elec-pianos and Organs. Of cource Scope-SP's mixing and effects for final-mastering.

Warning: This song is kinda DRY-MIXED, make sure don't turn the music too loud, it would blows your face away... Just kidding!

All your comments and opinions are more than appreciated!

Enjoy it,
Long
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Kind of mellow, kind of 80's ish, kind of karaoke-ish. The guitar definitely needs some treatment... you planning to distort the sound at all? It's got that sort of GM sound to it, as it is. (no offense) It's great how you're outing on the scale here and there tho.
The keyboard sounds seem to be fighting each other a bit.. you might want give the mid low and mid high to the pianos, and ultra highs to the DX style ep. Also, try running the bass through celmo's guitar amp or some sort of eq+overdrive(just a wee bit should do)+comp combo. That should kick the synth-ish feel out of it. (remember to room reverb it a bit before you comp)
Very musical, the harmonies are all GO.

p.s. This would probably go down as an 80's ballad number according to my book. And if that's the type of mix you were going for, then you definitely have to make the snare more wet. wet, wet and then WETTER! 80's snares are like booooom! Waay too much reverb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2001-12-07 20:26 ]</font>
LHong

Post by LHong »

Thanks Ken for the review, I love to hear your detail inputs. You are right, we shall improve the guitar and mixing skill. There are 3 pianos and 2 guitars in the conflicted parts, we are in the process for writing the melody and re-arrange the instrument like rhodes (maybe) instead of Elec-piano, for example (good caught "not clean!")...Then we we shall add more effs and Eq/Dynamic of cource. There is also funy "distorted matter", maybe we booted +3db louder durring the MP3 encoded by accidently.
Thanks again,
BTW, I just listened to your movie-scoring, I like it! Good work! I'm going to up load other completed song. Hope that you will enjoy it and have other inputs as well.

Anyone?

Best regards,
Long

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LHong on 2001-12-08 13:21 ]</font>