Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

nebelfuerst
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by nebelfuerst » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 am

What is your experience with SamX3 and scope ?
I had some lockups of sam, which I try to understand. ( Using Midi-clock to control a slaved samx3)

JoPo
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: VRRAAaaooOôOooommmh
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by JoPo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:50 am

Using cubase since more than 20 years, of course, it's a bit hard to change. Reaper didn't convince me and to me, samplitude not much more. I've found even less feature to help my workflow than in reaper !

Except that, I didn't noticed issue with Scope. The best way I've found to control sam as slave are like this in sam (don't know what is your master but I could show you wich cubase setting I used). Just midi clock was not really good... MMC is much better ! Vmidi I/O are from Copperlan. For sync options :
Sam MMC option.jpg
Sam MMC option.jpg (107.97 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Last edited by JoPo on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <

JoPo
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: VRRAAaaooOôOooommmh
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by JoPo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 am

It's in french but option places are the same... And MMC options :
Sam MMC option.jpg
Sam MMC option.jpg (107.97 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <

nebelfuerst
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by nebelfuerst » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for your setup picture.
I also used cubase since 20 years, but just as a "stupid tape". All my magic happened within scope.
SamX3 is not planed to replace scope, but to do the "stupid tape" job as reliable as good old cubase did.
My reliablilitytests show, that the goal is not reached yet.

User avatar
Marco
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Germoney

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by Marco » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Can I install samplitude on 2 of my PCs?
Scope 7 user since 2017 and Scope user since 1998. :o

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 am

Hello
Samplitude is the best choice for scope
better performence than: Sonar/cubase/protools with the same scope driver
maybe ableton or bitwig better?
but samplitude rock solid with scope/ asio deus link pro
cheers

djmicron
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by djmicron » Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm

asiofixer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 am
Hello
Samplitude is the best choice for scope
better performence than: Sonar/cubase/protools with the same scope driver
maybe ableton or bitwig better?
but samplitude rock solid with scope/ asio deus link pro
cheers
Bitwig uses the portaudio asio driver which have bugs with many asio audio cards (scope included), deus link have bugs on windows 10 64 bits,
most of the DAW works great with scope, Reaper, Studio One, Cubase, Samplitude, Live etc. The portaudio based software such as Bitwig and Mixxx cannot use the scope asio driver, one of the workarounds is to engage the scope asio driver with Reaper, then select rearoute as asio driver inside Bitwig.
Image

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 am

djmicron wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm
asiofixer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 am
Hello
Samplitude is the best choice for scope
better performence than: Sonar/cubase/protools with the same scope driver
maybe ableton or bitwig better?
but samplitude rock solid with scope/ asio deus link pro
cheers
Bitwig uses the portaudio asio driver which have bugs with many asio audio cards (scope included), deus link have bugs on windows 10 64 bits,
most of the DAW works great with scope, Reaper, Studio One, Cubase, Samplitude, Live etc. The portaudio based software such as Bitwig and Mixxx cannot use the scope asio driver, one of the workarounds is to engage the scope asio driver with Reaper, then select rearoute as asio driver inside Bitwig.
Maybe asio deus link pro doesn"t work with win10x64 but it work much better than scope 5 driver alone on win7x64
asio deus link pro is more acurate to tell the real latency to samplitude
as PortAudio ,Asio dues link pro is multiclient, so i suppose that asio deus link pro use the same library than PortAudio
asio deus link pro seems to work only with 32 bit driver but it work with many X64 audio exe (as samplitude)
i don't want to use windows 10 if windows 7 work but thre's many difference between win 7 and win 10 many frameworks are not actived in win 10 so install scope pci is not so easy !
Sorry you cannot use asio deus link pro with your scope!

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 am

JoPo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 am
It's in french but option places are the same... And MMC options :

Sam MMC option.jpg
salut j'ai tout compris au mmc de samplitude
avec ca tu peux diriger le play le stop d'un autre sequencer ou d'une mpc 2000
faut juste que tu affecte les port midi in et out
mais la synchro mmc marche très mal sur samplitude
slt

djmicron
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by djmicron » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

asiofixer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 am
djmicron wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm
asiofixer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 am
Hello
Samplitude is the best choice for scope
better performence than: Sonar/cubase/protools with the same scope driver
maybe ableton or bitwig better?
but samplitude rock solid with scope/ asio deus link pro
cheers
Bitwig uses the portaudio asio driver which have bugs with many asio audio cards (scope included), deus link have bugs on windows 10 64 bits,
most of the DAW works great with scope, Reaper, Studio One, Cubase, Samplitude, Live etc. The portaudio based software such as Bitwig and Mixxx cannot use the scope asio driver, one of the workarounds is to engage the scope asio driver with Reaper, then select rearoute as asio driver inside Bitwig.
Maybe asio deus link pro doesn"t work with win10x64 but it work much better than scope 5 driver alone on win7x64
asio deus link pro is more acurate to tell the real latency to samplitude
as PortAudio ,Asio dues link pro is multiclient, so i suppose that asio deus link pro use the same library than PortAudio
asio deus link pro seems to work only with 32 bit driver but it work with many X64 audio exe (as samplitude)
i don't want to use windows 10 if windows 7 work but thre's many difference between win 7 and win 10 many frameworks are not actived in win 10 so install scope pci is not so easy !
Sorry you cannot use asio deus link pro with your scope!
Scope asio driver works perfect with samplitude, don't know the reason of your cross posting about odeus software, if you need to do a latency test, just do a null test, but most of updated DAWs allows the user to fine tune the in/out phase, i can use scope asio driver @48000 Hz and 6 ms latency without any issue. Odeus makes sense only when you need to aggregate different pieces of hardware and it doesn't improve anything and your picture is not encouraging on the latency, also you wrote about 1024 samples of latency which is only suitable for music listening. Don't know what you are trying to fix, there is nothing to fix on scope asio driver.
Image

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am

hello
just try and see how working linked asio scope with asio deus pro
for me scope 5 work far better with this link
1024 samples latency is not a problem because i use protools HD for plugins
and asio direct monitoring allow record without latency even at 1024
but when you plays vst at 1024 in samplitude vst delay tempo are sync
cheers
Attachments
asio scope 5 asiolinkpro ASIO DEUS.png
asio scope 5 asiolinkpro ASIO DEUS.png (441.81 KiB) Viewed 321 times

djmicron
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by djmicron » Sat May 18, 2019 6:27 am

asiofixer wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am
hello
just try and see how working linked asio scope with asio deus pro
for me scope 5 work far better with this link
1024 samples latency is not a problem because i use protools HD for plugins
and asio direct monitoring allow record without latency even at 1024
but when you plays vst at 1024 in samplitude vst delay tempo are sync
cheers
If you use scope, you can monitor straight into it with real time latency, this is one of the advantages of it, I can do this even on 20 years old computers. 1024 samples of buffer is only doable when you don't have to interact with your DAW in real time, but if you need to record and monitor in real time with enabled vst plug ins, everything will have to be phase compensated to the higher latency and 1024 is not ok, with such a high latency you will also have to compensate the hardware outboard(including the synths and effects that you run inside scope which are not affected by the asio latency), just try to record a singer voice in real time allowing him to listen to itself over the vst chain with 1024 samples of buffer, the singer will complain about the delayed signal in the headphone, this is why you need a lower buffer to interact with vst plug ins in real time. As you are saying, you use pro tools hd for plug ins, the same you can do with scope, you can use scope for plug ins avoiding the asio latency, but again, every modern DAW allows the user to automatically phase compensate the latency and with scope you can lower the asio latency to a more acceptable buffer than 1024 samples. I don't know your system specs and which scope hardware you are running, i read somewhere that you are using an outdated version of scope, it's obvious to me that if you are running multiple different audio cards, you need to match each audio card latency to avoid phase issues, you don't need odeus to accomplish this.
Image

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Sat May 18, 2019 11:31 pm

yes
but i say second time: i don't use vst (input)
and dev no need to be compensate at 1024
no phase adjstement beetween protools and samplitude
rtas tdm pulgins are far better than scope plugins
asio scope 5 work better by beeing linked by ODEUS

User avatar
yayajohn
Posts: 1188
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Everywhere....Nowhere

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by yayajohn » Sun May 19, 2019 4:20 am

asiofixer; Wow, seems incredible that this software can solve all latency problems and phase issues as well. I can't wait to try it out.
Do you have a download link? I can't find the company's website? How could such incredible software such as this not gain the support of the pro audio community?
Do you know the developer? I would like to personally thank him for his talent and dedication.
Where can I donate?
What does a name imply?
It's a good thing you cross-posted your enthusiasm for O Deush software in the other topics because I would have missed it in the Off-Topic section.
If you keep posting about this all over the Z, I'll bet you can convince a lot of other people you are right and they are wrong.
Have a great day
:wink:

User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 1511
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by Bud Weiser » Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm

yayajohn wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:20 am
asiofixer; ...
If you keep posting about this all over the Z, I'll bet you can convince a lot of other people you are right and they are wrong.
Have a great day
:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud

asiofixer
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by asiofixer » Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am

yayajohn wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:20 am
asiofixer; Wow, seems incredible that this software can solve all latency problems and phase issues as well. I can't wait to try it out.
Do you have a download link? I can't find the company's website? How could such incredible software such as this not gain the support of the pro audio community?
Do you know the developer? I would like to personally thank him for his talent and dedication.
Where can I donate?
What does a name imply?
It's a good thing you cross-posted your enthusiasm for O Deush software in the other topics because I would have missed it in the Off-Topic section.
If you keep posting about this all over the Z, I'll bet you can convince a lot of other people you are right and they are wrong.
Have a great day
:wink:
the link is here {no cracks allowed]
i will wait in time for seeing if it's stable and will make a donation to give academy
take attention that the moderator/the soniccore hotliner/big planetz account were unnerve about asio deus
they say it don't work/add latency/don't exist more!
everything i do here is bad viewed by many people! even the way to make work scope 5.0 on winx64 !
for me asio deus link pro work with scope 32 bit driver scope 5 / winx64 and it work far better than scope alone! and i can add route scope io with other asio io driver directly in asio deus i also can mix DANTE asio via IP !
a big upgrade for creamware scope 5 pulsar 2 scope pro

User avatar
yayajohn
Posts: 1188
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Everywhere....Nowhere

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by yayajohn » Mon May 20, 2019 6:04 am

So wait, you are going to donate to the site that hosts the cracked version of O Deush software but you don't want to buy a legitimate upgrade from Sonic Core? That doesn't make any sense to me.

User avatar
garyb
Posts: 21900
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by garyb » Mon May 20, 2019 6:37 am

banned.

User avatar
t_tangent
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by t_tangent » Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 am

Thank you. It was time consuming reading all the new posts from him with the same message :)

User avatar
valis
Posts: 4888
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: West Coast USA
Contact:

Re: Magix Samplitude Pro Xmas Offer

Post by valis » Mon May 20, 2019 11:19 am

t_tangent wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 am
Thank you. It was time consuming reading all the new posts from him with the same message :)
Concur.

Post Reply