Wavelab 9 (& Wavelab Elements 9)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Wavelab 9 (& Wavelab Elements 9)

Post by braincell »

Got this today. The upgrade price is really decent for Elements it was $24. Best value ever for music software.

Finally I can run Wavelab on both of my computers because I just at last found there was a conflict with Scope drivers and Wavelab. I do not know if it is a problem with the latest Scope driver because this is on a computer which no longer has a Scope card in it. I just forgot to uninstall it since it was not causing any other problems.

Here is a simple reg fix:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 47&t=24350
braincell

Re: Wavelab 9 (& Wavelab Elements 9)

Post by braincell »

Update:

Just tried the new included "Mastering Rig."

It sounds nice and is easy to use.

New Feature added to Cubase under the Audio menu "Edit in Wavelab." Wow! They finally did it! Works with Wavelab Essentials too.

"Edit In Wavelab" Does not work with 32bit Float. It will distort your file beyond recognition. You must use 24 bit or lower. They are working to fix this ASAP.

Easfade is gone. I am sorry to see that go. Adding custom keyboard shortcuts is a welcome addition. This program seems much more mature now.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

I dont use my Wavelab elelements 7 that much, but now I saw that 9 looks a lot better and got some new nice functions and the connection to Cubase is also nice.
So I bought the update today and it looks really good.
I will try to use Wavelab more now, for mastering after the song is ready in Cubase.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I used it a little bit. The integration with Cubase is the best feature to me but there are a lot of improvements. This is a major upgrade. I have it on an SSD so it will open fast in Cubase. Any new files can't be sent to Cubase, only files sent from Cubase to Wavelab and back. It would be nice if it popped new files into Cubase too such as when you take a file and split it into smaller ones.
medway

Post by medway »

Agree, this new update is impressive, really enjoy working with it although some of my usual shortcuts are more complex now, like Normalize. I'm sure that can be configured though (I hope).
braincell

Post by braincell »

Update for Wavelab Exchange now out. Works with 32 bit float now.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Working with Cubase & Wavelab Elements to make samples for Groove Agent SE 4. This is great. It feels so pro. I like that pencil tool in Wavelab. Using the same keyboard shortcuts as in Cubase.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Very cool Brain! Wavelab all the way!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's causing Cubase to crash for me and another anomaly. Seems buggy to me when used with Cubase. Hopefully they will iron this out soon. I have a feeling the engineers used mostly Macs and I use Windows 10.
astroman

Post by astroman »

your feeling betrays you...
it IS with 99.5 % probability Win10 - my dad has clicked the 'ok to update' button a month ago... :o
he doesn't do anything but filing his camera pics and browse the site of his favourite soccer club
endless repair loops that locked him out from his notebook
I've had a peek on the system once (as I was phoned to do so) and didn't believe the mess
don't call me biased as Apple's El Cap is total crap, too... :D

cheers, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

They said to get the recent Cubase update which I just installed. So far so good!
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's no longer bombing Cubase but there is still an anomaly when doing fades. I'm sure it's something that will get fixed.