I love the Prisma!

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Ambient jazz<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Synths<BR> Paul R. Martin @ SOCAN<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> I did this with the Prisma, the UKnow and the miniscope. The bass and snare drums are done with the wavplayer playing samples of a vynil record clicks. The guitar is real, played through a Line6 Pod.
Any comment would be appreciated.

Paul
borg

Post by borg »

sweet, paul.
i just put on zappa, and that was a while. of course, buckethead/praxis came to my mind as well.
it would sound nice in a movie (maybe better if it is more 'distant' or airy, yep, a bit too clean perhaps, but that's a matter of taste).
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Ouch! I just found out that I mixed this thing in MONO!

Oh, well.... The next tune should at least sound better.
junklight

Post by junklight »

checking this one out after your other tune.

Definately (I really should learn to spell that word) movie teritory - a little bit made for TV though I think. Borg is right when he says its a bit too clean - try playing with the TDrive insert or the Celmo bluesman.

liked it though

mark
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Thanks for the input, guys.
I'd really like to know what you mean by dry. Not enough reverb? I would DEFINITELY (eh, junklight :wink: ) like to know.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Well, I can undersand that this is like the standard for this kind of music.. but I think lots of wet reverbs could have helped in creating the atmosphere. Or, bring out the reverberated claves much, much more and think it'll still help spread the space. Better yet, lemme hear the stereo version! hehe.
Mello, and cool. great chill out music. this is great stuff.
Yoonchi

Post by Yoonchi »

My short comment: those guitar notes are kinda bit too outside, aren't they? And the tempo could've been lower. As others already said, more reverb to give it space.
Sorry for my rather harsh comment,
Yoonchi.