Cosmic Meditation

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Space music<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Mixers<BR> copyright © 2000 Daiei OMC<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Supposedly some sort of relaxation-healing type music that I did for a.... here's the punch line...

:smile: :smile: a frickin' department store :smile: :smile:

Anyway, it's for the worker's 3 minute stretching break.
Uses heavy modal arpeggios but then they worked very well with a very melodious string cadence. Just goes to prove that almost any note in the scale pretty much fits with any chord... if you keep MOVING!
Don't laugh at my strings though... it's SUPPOSED to be simple and conservative. (it sounds like a phrase from a text book!)

Oh yeah, it's been mixed on the pulsar. Sounds are from Triton.
Delicate comp, masterverb, then mastered on DSPDEV Multicomp. It's VERY loud and the mid range is especially strong because they're going to play it on those speakers on ceilings.

Maybe we ought to start a little "Strange Music on them Pulsars" fair.. eh?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Can`t get it in Netscape...
Can`t get in in Explorer...
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Well, i can...

Post by paulrmartin »

"The document contains no data".
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Got it now
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Man... recently, every songs ends up with "can't get it" notes.. what's going on?? Server problems??
Anyway, anyone for a creamy review? (though I'd prefer you skip this one and do a review on my other tunes) All criticism, bashing, praising, technical questionism, "why do you always use DSPDEV multicomp?"-ism, heavy drinking, and hallucinating gladly accepted. Don't forget to check out our "all you can eat" salad bar section!! :smile: (har, har)
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

well, your track served it's point, I streamed it, and must have listened to it at least five times without noticing whilst computing. good at not being noticed, but that is the point, right!?

good work. nice n atmospheric . . .
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Nice idea! I would probably try to make it less "loud", rebalancing the mix to make it sounds less busy. The piano perhaps?
Like it a lot. :smile:
Paul
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Yeah, making everything LOUD is a bad habbit.. It's easy to get into the mentality of "mine has to sound louder than everything else"..
The musical content is quite and relaxing but the overall texture is a little on the aggressive side. I should fix that. Thanx for the remark.