guitar recording

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nextwave

guitar recording

Post by nextwave »

hello,
i want to use guitar rig 5 as an insert effect in an audio track for guitar live recording in nuendo 4
i go directly from amp line out to pulsar analog source
with my project there`s no input in guitar rig as vstplugin
do i have to add busses in nuendo (mono - stereo)?

many thanks
Attachments
esp.JPG
esp.JPG (59.23 KiB) Viewed 826 times
siriusbliss

Re: guitar recording

Post by siriusbliss »

I think you'd have to add a mono track in Nuendo that sees the ASIO channel that you assign.
The guitar comes in raw, it's audio gets routed to guitar rig that is set to see this ASIO channel.
Then I guess you would be able to monitor your guitar on your STM1632 channel 2 or 3.

Just think of Nuendo acting like an old tape-deck sitting inside Scope environment - with Scope being your studio.
Then things will make sense and you'll start seeing the routing flexibility that Scope offers.

Good luck,

Greg
astroman

Post by astroman »

with VST FX I use a similiar setup as Greg explains and what's pictured on the screenshot.
From Analog in I split directly to an ASIO destination, which is set as the input of the VST in the host software
(according to your pic it would be Asio 3 or 3+4, depending on personal preferences)
You may insert a delay to compensate for latency before the direct signal hits the Scope mixer.
This way the sequencer's return is in perfect sync with the source - usually it does matter with guitar.

since using an additional (surprisingly crisp) input stage, I found some of Celmo's classical amp simulation stuff great.
Adern's Mojo is also very good, the Scuffham amps are my favourite VST sims, Valhalla DSP has 2 excellent plugins with Uebermod and Shimmer.
I'd rather prefer Scope Amp Sims instead of GR (you may check that for your taste by setting them parallel) and use the GR Cabinet and special fx part.
Whichever route you pick, Scope offers unbeatingly easy to use flexibility

cheers, Tom
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yes, I sometimes use a combination of Mojo and Magix' Vandal amp with very good results.

Greg