SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

johndunn

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by johndunn »

It's like the promise of nuclear fusion power, always about 20 years away, has been for over 50 years.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol: No lie there..........
I had a little sweetheart that loved it when she forced me to lie to her and say she was the only one, that she was the best, and I would never leave her, etc.etc.
I was forced into making that announcement just to keep her around for those 3am surprise visits when I was in the neighborhood.
Software developers seem to have employed these same skills in the last decade.
Glad to know I ain't the only guy screwing around.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

friflo wrote:those release dates of sonic core are a joke, aren't they ...

A joke? What's funny to me is when someone starts up a new forum account for the purpose of a smear campaign. It's even funnier when they believe it will work when anyone with intelligence knows what that individual is up to. Are you a regular forum member hiding your identity? Or just some jealouse hater? Very strange first post but typical here.

PS. S|C gave you no release date they gave you ETA's wich they obviously could'nt meet wich happens in the business world. ETA's are how they operate and probably will continue to despite your complaint. Your best bet would be to move on to a different platform (if you even own a scope card) cause S|C is probably not going to change their M.O and you don't need to keep yourself upset over it. Nor give in to negativity with excessive complants over it. Don't you agree?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Hey man it works for politics - just start a smear campaign against your opponent, doesn't matter if it's true as long as everyone else believes it then it works.
I love how these individuals come in here and try and get us to eat ourselves up. What- do they expect us to just dump S/C and go with a more expensive less capable platform? BWAHAHAAHAHAAAAHAAHA! LMFAO! Run along now kiddies and go play with your toys
katano

Post by katano »

stardust wrote:This is how the forum works.
Some share information - thanks Breitner
Some waffle and OT
Some shout their frustration
Some delight themselves in deep pretended understanding
Some just show their passion for patronizing.
:lol:
You forgot:
Some are in god mode
wayne

Post by wayne »

Some waffle and OT
Is that a song lyric, dusty? Please, post the finished track, looks promising!
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

katano wrote:
Some waffle and OT
You forgot:
Some are in god mode
:lol: :lol: :P :D :wink:
braincell

Post by braincell »

I see light at the end of the tunnel with 64 bit. I already have the packs so that is no benefit to me, in fact I now am starting to have 3 copies of some things. I sure won't be buying any extras again since they keep including what I already bought. All I really need is the 64 bit driver because I am quite happy with the software I have. I wish when you have something they offer, you could instead get a coupon to buy something else which you don't have! Selling them is a hassle and bothersome especially with the really bad key transfer experience I had plus they charge you for it.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

My assumption is that getting certification has been part of the delay, since I've seen some other manufacturers also get caught by this (not in this industry).

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
braincell

Post by braincell »

What do you mean by certification? Surely not Windows certification. Nobody does that.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

braincell wrote:What do you mean by certification? Surely not Windows certification. Nobody does that.
A lot of companies still do it, include RME, if I recall correctly from discussions on their forum a long time ago.
If it's a new product (rather than just rebundling old products like M-Audio does), then it's a consideration.

G
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well I had time last year to help out, but this year I don't.
FWIW there are guys with cards, and XITE-1's testing new devices and helping out so those who have continued using thier cards can benefit from this later.
Part timers naturally wouldn't know about this, but those who are actively testing and helping out are deeply appreciated.
So I thank you for the shared info.
Perhaps you guys can let Dusty in on some info so he/she won't have to embarrass her/himself repeatedly.
Personally, living so close to S|C and being a German citizen, I find it odd that after all of these years that neighbors never meet.......??
Didn't that wall come down back in '89..?
Oh well, I guess the Frenchies and Yanks can hook you up... :wink:
braincell

Post by braincell »

Maybe it would be good if they include a new feature I found on a device, it actually downloaded and installed the latest software automatically, and not just the driver.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Some waffle and OT

And yes SC is not good in giving precise arrival dates.
Listen to those who gush up to know why and pretend insider information.

You forgot the pictures of random chickens and stuff. :)
David

Post by David »

I hadn't noticed before that Gizzmo resides behind the Xite graphic on the main page, is this a new graphic?
Maybe Gizzmo is nearing completion too?
braincell

Post by braincell »

Actually considering the cost of Scope 5.1, maybe I should wait to see if they release a new internal board. This would have been a good time for them to do it. I noticed that the new reverbs require a lot of DSP chips.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

braincell wrote:Actually considering the cost of Scope 5.1, maybe I should wait to see if they release a new internal board. This would have been a good time for them to do it. I noticed that the new reverbs require a lot of DSP chips.
I'm sure you are the true reason for the delay of scope 5.1. they just work too hard to get you back as a paying customer (and empty your wallet over and over again). can't think of anything else... 8)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

I hope for the same braincell. An x-lite (like the name?) :D
but who knows..
friflo

Post by friflo »

Sounddesigner wrote:

A joke? What's funny to me is when someone starts up a new forum account for the purpose of a smear campaign. It's even funnier when they believe it will work when anyone with intelligence knows what that individual is up to. Are you a regular forum member hiding your identity? Or just some jealouse hater? Very strange first post but typical here.
No, I bought 2 Creamware cards (Pulsar 2, Powersampler) for using it with gigasampler years ago. When Kontakt became the main Sampler out there and 64bit a must for ram hungry sample libraries I droped Gigastudio as many others did. Now I saw some "light at the end of the tunnel", when they announced the 64-bit version was coming "in a month". So I was told by the support in April. It seems breitner has been told so in january!!! What is that, if not a joke! Except, I don't feel like laughing anymore.
I have nothing against small firms being slow in development, but it's quite annoying to be told unrealistic release dates.
So, this may be my first post, but it's not a campaign of any kind. I am just frustrated, why they cannot keep up to their announcements. Reading this forum I can tell, that this is not the only release being delayed ...
I would be happy to use the forum to talk about synths and stuff, but i can't waiting for the updateto use it.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

friflo wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:

No, I bought 2 Creamware cards (Pulsar 2, Powersampler) for using it with gigasampler years ago. When Kontakt became the main Sampler out there and 64bit a must for ram hungry sample libraries I droped Gigastudio as many others did. Now I saw some "light at the end of the tunnel", when they announced the 64-bit version was coming "in a month". So I was told by the support in April. It seems breitner has been told so in january!!! What is that, if not a joke! Except, I don't feel like laughing anymore.
I have nothing against small firms being slow in development, but it's quite annoying to be told unrealistic release dates.
So, this may be my first post, but it's not a campaign of any kind. I am just frustrated, why they cannot keep up to their announcements. Reading this forum I can tell, that this is not the only release being delayed ...
I would be happy to use the forum to talk about synths and stuff, but i can't waiting for the updateto use it.

Your being unreasonable if you expect estimations to be accurate all the time in the software business and in a unpredictable world at whole. Only thing Sonic Core can give you is a estimation not exactness and if the estimation is wrong i'm sure they had no desire to lie to you or play with your mind are'nt you? i'm currently working on a music project that i thought would be finished a VERY long time ago but it simply was harder then i thought so i like most people can relate to S|C. Anyone who has done any complex work of good quality SHOULD know that estimations are often wrong. Underestimating is common aswell as unforseen disasters. To constantly bash someone simply because their estimation is off makes you the villan not them.
There is'nt any good reason for EXCESSIVE amounts of complaints and intelligent people know it cannot be justified, it simply is negative and often a form of bashing. Since you read many complaints here and bumped this old thread up and your first post is a complaint well that's exactly what your doing.

If i did not like the way a company operate i'd simply leave it alone if it bothered me that much like i've done in the past. Walking away is the healthy answer if you are truly bothered by a company, Not bashing. Why did'nt you email Sonic Core and express your anger/concern? Why did you feel the need to post it here in a public place? I'm not saying you never have a right to post a complaint on a forum i'm just identifying your goal. You admitted to reading this forum's older threads (wich i already knew) thus you seen the constant complaints and merely wanted to be more excessive and bash.

As far as i see it Sonic Core only made one announcement about 64bit on this forum, the rest is hearsey and private emails. Nothing official on the website or in magazine articles declaring without a doubt the 64bit version will be release on a specific day, no promises made, no word given, no swearing to God, no solemn oath, etc. So your claims are a lie. But even if they had made such statements, they are a good company who is truly trying to give us a more special platform and don't deserve bashing. When it comes to a precise date prediction S|C simply can't give you what they don't have, you should be smart enough to realize this by now. Be patient and wait, also give them some breathing room, it's not good to stay in the kitchen with the chef complaining go to your table and wait!!!

This platform has been threw enough hardtimes and has dealt with many troubles over the years no unneccessary drama needed. We are all VERY fortunate Sonic Core decided to 'GAMBLE' and give this truly awesome platform another chance. They are the only ones who can code this platforms if i understood Holgar correctly, thus if they fail there is'nt another chance. If someone is truly appreciative of what Sonic Core has done for this platform they would'nt be so unreasonable and selfish. They'd also know "it's better late then never" far as updates and new releases goes. No one needs to continue stirring up negativity against a company that does not deserve it and one that simply owes you nothing but is trying to give you the world. Actually we owe them a thank you and a appreciation thread (sadly i have not seen such a thread yet). They are doing some TRULY revolutionary things and truly taking SCOPE to new heights, slowly bestowing upon her a grace that has never been seen with any other platform.

If you truly have any complaints why not take them to Frank Hund (Creamware)? I have a few links where you can find him if you want i'll give them to you. Perpetuating complaints on a forum is negative and no matter how you mask it intelligent people are not fooled.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:52 am, edited 11 times in total.