High end plugins

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

He guys

u think it possible that the high end hardware brance is going to make plugins for pulsar or scope

let's say lexicon reverbs - focusride - urai - tc electronics - and tl audio ???

That would be great because u then are big time competing with protools

ronald meij.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I just hope SPL makes more plugins, for example a Creamware DSP-based SPL Vitalizer would make me squirm with excitement.

Then there is the Quantec Yardstick that Quantec has been ready to release for awhile but waited longer once the copy protection scheme was compromised...

I doubt TC will do anything for the platform for quite some time, at least until their PowerCore flops. (Not that it will...) If their plugins are anything like the TC Native stuff then I wouldn't want it anyway :razz: But if more like their hardware (M2000 or higher, D-Two, etc), then I'd be all over it.
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

yeah i know what u mean

Well i have protools system , with nice plugz
but i have good hope for creamware these guys
are doing some serious things....

U know that the timeworks reverb is sounding great

And there is a cracked version of spl !!!!!
Peezahj

Post by Peezahj »

I know this isn't the place to discuss this but, Seth, you should come check out my SPL rack if you're ever in Southern California. I've got the Vitalizer Jack, Machine Head, Charisma-8 & Charisma-2 (though I doubt I'll keep the 8 now that I just got the 2), & Dynamaxx, not to mention the Attacker on Pulsar. Great, great stuff & the Machine Head (which is probably the best of the bunch) is all DSP's, anyway, so ought to be the next one available.

I'm sure a virtual Machine Head wouldn't be as cheap as Transient Designer, though, as it retails for about 4x the hardware Transient Designer. Anyone else have doubts about a $1k Pulsar plug-in doing very well? :wink:
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

On 2001-09-25 13:20, ronaldmeij wrote:
yeah i know what u mean
And there is a cracked version of spl !!!!!
yes, but we would not want to steal from the developers, would we?

The plug is only $40 - hard to justify stealing that one . . .
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

u are right

I said there is a crack of the plug in.
I am not using it , That would be verry :sad:

Nop i bought it at the cyberstore :smile:

But i strange because the said it cant be cracked creamware keys ??
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well just keep talking about cracked software, that'll surely get the bigboys to take notice. :roll:
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

There are 3 reasons why there is'nt more high end plug-ins.
1. The platform is to small.
2. Politics. It seems to me like Waves for one has some agreement with Digidesign not to release their Plugs for a competing system. I don't know this but it's a feeling i have.
3. PIRACY. Like stated above, Quantec have a killer reverb for Pulsar but won't release it because of the copy protection (or lack of) on the Creamware cards.

BTW. There must be a fool proof copy protection. There must be. I have some ideas on how it can be done but i'm not sure. I've read some on how they crack the devices but there mist be a way around it, i'm sure.
yade

Post by yade »

It should be possible to encode copyrighted devices by it's developer with a public/private key encryption key where the public key is the one known by developers and the private key is burned inside a chip which is different for every card and unreadable by others.

This way a copyrighted device always should be generate per person and is always unique. This technique also will get rid of the cumbersome serial numbers.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

All the unique keys in the world will not do any good when the crackers just alter the program to say "yes, the key is correct"

I think you might be able to do it by having a value in the DSP code which is different for each user, the device can work in demo mode (beep or something) or not work at all depending on the developer.

the developers would have to make a different copy of the device for each user though.
sezam

Post by sezam »

On 2001-09-27 03:46, jupiter8 wrote:
There are 3 reasons why there is'nt more high end plug-ins.
1. The platform is to small.
2. Politics. It seems to me like Waves for one has some agreement with Digidesign not to release their Plugs for a competing system. I don't know this but it's a feeling i have.
3. PIRACY. Like stated above, Quantec have a killer reverb for Pulsar but won't release it because of the copy protection (or lack of) on the Creamware cards.

BTW. There must be a fool proof copy protection. There must be. I have some ideas on how it can be done but i'm not sure. I've read some on how they crack the devices but there mist be a way around it, i'm sure.
Hello i think your right Dididesign have been alone at the top for along time and thats matter....thats why its so expensive

About the copyprotection(i´m not an expert)
But i think that the guys at creamware is a little bit younger and smarter..they know how easy it is 2 crack a program.The way with challengecodes that is regged just for a spesific card is smart,for a while
But of course everything can be cracked .BUT the point is that comanys like waves. tc .Bombfactory blames creamware for bad protection...IS BULLSHIT.They are afraid
of getting into trouble with Digidesign.
But hey!The thing with buissness is 2 make money!And Creamware is a hit. and if it`s possible and no license aggrement who binds them,I think they do a bad buissness.And i dont think they are interested in losing money so hopefully they will release them as soon as possible(if possible)

PLAY IT LUOD!
-SEZAM-
yade

Post by yade »

On 2001-09-30 20:42, defex wrote:
All the unique keys in the world will not do any good when the crackers just alter the program to say "yes, the key is correct"

I think you might be able to do it by having a value in the DSP code which is different for each user, the device can work in demo mode (beep or something) or not work at all depending on the developer.

the developers would have to make a different copy of the device for each user though.
That's what I said, the private key, the one you need to decode something what's encrypted should be burned into the card, the public key is known to developers and your id. Now when you order your program it will be encrypted with your public key and it can only be decrypted when loaded with your card.
sharc

Post by sharc »

As much as it would be great to have the likes of Lexicon supporting the Creamware platform, I'm not sure I agree that it's what is needed to compete with the likes of Pro-Tools. Besides, if Lexicon, for instance, were to recreate one of they're reverb units as a Pulsar/Scope device how much dsp power would it use...too much is my guess. The CW platform in my opinion already has a fine crop of developers and in many cases the devices speak for themselves. It's just a shame that so many users would put their trust in a brand name ahead of their own ears.
at0m

Post by at0m »

I'm not really looking for the perfect reverb, what i want is all over Pulsar: it's a very flexible platform, which gives me the freedom and possibilities to do all kinds of weird effects and chains, which make it's unique sound. Use creativity above 'neat in-line studio'

:wink:
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio