SONIC_CORE_SCOPE_PCI_v5.0.2609

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

siriusbliss

Re: SONIC_CORE_SCOPE_PCI_v5.0.2609

Post by siriusbliss »

Mostly DSP optimization.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'm hoping someone will post the gains on a simple 6 DSP card, (like voices gained from a large synth like Atze or a S|C or one from Zarg) from the 2603 and 2609 rev. Neutron? It might get me to keep the PCI, for the MIDI & SPIF IO
My studio box is in pieces right now (building a new one for XITE-1)....all in all...GREAT news on both PCI & XITE-1 hardware platforms for Scopies... :wink: :D
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

You should keep the card regardless of the DSP power.
I can only imagine how long an XTDM expansion might take.
And who knows how expensive that will be.
I regret selling all of my cards... :cry:
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

With the relative astounding speed these guys developed the 2609 rev...all the hens (as we know who they are), should feel as confident as I was, with the speed at which this release could have, should have, and was issued...for the time being...I will heed the advice of my brotha'...just cuz... :wink: "soon" is upon me...I can't wait to join the fold, of the lucky, and wise... :wink:

Come on XTDM, VDAT, & XTC (for all those who use it)....
Joel
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

The first release of Scope PCI 5.0 RC 2603 was on Wed May 27, 2009 and by August 10, 2009 they had a new, updated one 2609. :wink:

I'd say that is pretty fast.
Joel
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

XTC!

plis!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Janni

Post by Janni »

Just installed the new version "on top" and I again have keys problems... Optimaster won't work... :cry:
Did you guys make a completely fresh install?
Maybe I just need new keys again... who knows...
-/-
cortone

Post by cortone »

There are many new dsp files, and better overall stability and dsp-loading efficiency after the install.

I haven't needed new keys. I just installed over the previous version. You can try renaming the keyfile.v5 in [scope]/App/Bin and re-importing your keyfile.

Cheers,
Cory
Janni

Post by Janni »

Did that already... Didn't help... I just wrote to Ralf...
So I go on working without Optimaster for a while.
Thank you, Cory! ;-)
-/-
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

They need to get vdat working.....i think i skip this one :P
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I think XTDM will come before XTC or VDAT - but that's just my assumption.

In the cue:
XTDM
XTC
VDAT
64-bit
MacOS

I'd say, with such a small team, that SC is doing pretty good (and they're very busy).

At least Scope 5 - even at RC - is STABLE.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nadia is even enslaved now.
She was at NAMM and did the graphics and I am sure designed the Booths also.
Very talented Lass indeed.
She filled in for Ralf B. while he was being German and hitting the festivals, etc... :lol:
I am not sure if I agree with the XTDM being a top priority, but anything that makes Scope 5.0 or XITE-1 complete will be more than welcome.
I am making coin on an unfinished application for the first time, but even in it's current state it is usable.
I am still wondering what the cards using 5.0 have seen. Haven't heard a peep..... :-?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I agree that XTDM may not be a priority, but it IS the bridge between older cards and Xite-1, so marketing-wise, it may be a logical step for SC. Not sure.

I also agree that XTC or even VDAT may be higher priority.

64-bit drivers are a whole other monster.

Greg
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

I wouldnt see stability as something i should be glad of tbh.I expect this at a pricepoint;).Vdat is something i paid for.Yes..i did install the rc and yes i did know it wasnt working....but now i miss it and write about missing it.I doubt its a hard fix.Priorities imo can go to xite promotion and software.Vdat for me comes on a third place.And as i can see xite doesnt sells badly i wish they would hire 2 more dsp programmers.I mean why not^^. :D
Janni

Post by Janni »

Everything solved!!! :D
Just got a nice email from SC support (it took only 2 hours!!!) telling me to uninstall before a new install (since the new version isn't a update).
I uninstalled Scope 5 PCI, deleted all old installed versions (after zipping) and installed again...
I just did what they told me and everything is fine again... THANK YOU SC!!!
-/-
pollux

Post by pollux »

siriusbliss wrote:I agree that XTDM may not be a priority, but it IS the bridge between older cards and Xite-1, so marketing-wise, it may be a logical step for SC. Not sure.
as far as I remember, nobody ever stated that XTDM would be used for bridging PCI cards and XITE, moreover the opposite, "official" information says that older cards and XITE are not compatible within the same installation.
From what I oculd understand, XTDM will be used for bridging toghether more than one XITE, or the XITE to the I/O expansion modules.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I remember the same story too, that's why I sold all of my cards.
Thankfully I don't really need them but if I get a production gig where I will need to mix 32 stereo tracks and add effects etc., 16 MIDI Channels will be difficult.
I really want VDAT though. I know there are apps that probably sound as good, but VDAT is fast and so easy to use in a live project.
You can record while playing, sync to click tracks, and many other nifty tricks.
I honestly think they are going to release a really new version with automation and surface controlling options, or they would have had it released by now.
So I will be optimistic and say they crippled it purposely as a stalling tactic, while they completely re vamp it for modern day usage.............
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

pollux wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:I agree that XTDM may not be a priority, but it IS the bridge between older cards and Xite-1, so marketing-wise, it may be a logical step for SC. Not sure.
as far as I remember, nobody ever stated that XTDM would be used for bridging PCI cards and XITE, moreover the opposite, "official" information says that older cards and XITE are not compatible within the same installation.
From what I oculd understand, XTDM will be used for bridging toghether more than one XITE, or the XITE to the I/O expansion modules.
Man, what a buzzkill. :D

I might remember reading that somewhere, but I still think it might be possible.

If not, then I'll wait for the laptop PCI-e cable/connector and link old with new :)

Greg
astroman

Post by astroman »

There's a significant internal difference between those 2 Sharc generations.
For obvious reasons SC will try to take advantage as much as possible from the new architecture.
I really wouldn't hold my breath on a compatibility-mode.
Even more as it doesn't make any economic sense at all.

Our old investments are just that: old investments, which served about 95% of the community extremely well.
And a lot of that stuff can continue to do whatever it's job was - noone is forced to call a disposal service.
It integrates well via digital connectors with whatever system.
Actually I find it amazing how many old cards still work after so much time in a rather 'unfriendly' environment inside the PC.

As licenses can be transferred a significant part of the investment is saved anyway.
Thanks to all who reported about their transition to the XITE.
Results suggest that the new system is a real improvement and one hardly will look back and introduce compromises.
At least I'm sold to the XITE as soon as budget fits :D

cheers, Tom