Secret Empire

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Techno<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © 2001 SputnikK<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> A cool atmospheric techno track that would work especially well in a club environment imo. This is what I used: Pulsar for mixing and compression, the melody that comes in at 02.44 is the Hummel Bluesynth, the bassline is the pulsar Saturn. ReBirth was used for the beats, with additional sounds from my XL-1, which also provides the strings and that distorted screeching sound. The filtering in the break-down is the standard pulsar 4-pole. I sampled the vocal sample from a cd, and processed it a bit in Soundforge.
I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: King of Snake on 2001-09-17 04:23 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Ummm... sorry to say this isn't a review. I don't think the link is working. Please tell us when it's fixed too! :>
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Uhhmmm...yes it is. Just right click the file icon and save. It works with me. Anyway, I've reworked the track a bit for the better and I'll see if I can upload the new version tomorrow.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

It only works for people with IE, as there is a space in the filename. Suggestion, use underscores "_" instead of spaces, then everyone can snag it.
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

ok, I'll do that. New file will be up tonight.
Signal X

Post by Signal X »

Well, I listened your track few times.
I realy like the style and I think its realy good.(I'm telling you as a DJ).
I can play ot in my set and I'll be happy for you if you'll release it and press some vinyls.

DJ VIC
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Thanks for that! :smile:
No label yet I'm afraid, but who knows...
fevertrax

Post by fevertrax »

i have to tell you....I am above all a drum and bass head...and get pretty borred with techno trax...BUT...i sort of got into this little bit from you...pretty tastefull collection of sounds...liked the pad that you open with (what did you use there exactly?)....
though i would have liked the highs to be a bit more present in the final mix (I know clubs kick those up...but anyway)...I liked it better when i turned the highs up (just a bit)...it feels a bit more spatious then...
can you turn this into a dnb track?!?!
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

The pad sounds are from an EMU XL-1.
The highs are allright in the original mix, it's just that I have a shitty mp3 encoder so it goes all swishy and ugly in the high frequencies.
I would like to try making a drum'n bass track sometime, maybe when I finish the one I'm working on now...
Thanks for the comments :smile:
Yoonchi

Post by Yoonchi »

Nice track, a pity it's so short, the demo.
I would still call it trance, :grin:. Not even hard trance(I've been following the discussion on the thread in the General forum, :grin:).
Still..., it needs some "development". Maybe if I heard the whole track I would be able to give it a fair judgement([edit] oops, I didn't download the complete file. So it's great, :grin:).
And it doesn't sound too muffled too my ears.
Yoonchi.
Ps. there are some good shareware mp3 encoders and freeware ones. Try download.com for some of these.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoonchi on 2001-12-16 14:05 ]</font>