Iran?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Iran?

Post by valis »

The OT forum here has been rather silent about the elections...much like our US media was for 2 days (heard a few mentions on CNN finally tonight--Sunday.) Twitter had a lot of action and there were some youtube protest videos that trickled to the front page of youtube, but aside from that all I have to go on is the web:

----------------

State Media Says Ahmadinejad Wins Re-Election

*unconfirmed afaik* Iran's Opposition Leader Mousavi Has Been Arrested

Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising

the president of Iran's own election monitoring commission has declared the result invalid and called for a do-over

BBC Reports on Iran Elections While American Media Remains Silent

The Revolution Will Be Twittered

What of Ahmadinejad's challenger?
garyb

Re: Iran?

Post by garyb »

more craziness...
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

There is SOME progress being made in Iran...
The Iranians really do want freedom.

http://www.thomaspmbarnett.com/pnm/pnm_index.htm
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Funny thing....in 1979 I wanted to go kill every Iranian involved with the kidnapping of citizens.....
Now days, I have never once met an Iranian person I wasn't fascinated by. They are a warm ancient people with a great culture dating back to the great Cyrus, who actually was the first conquerer to let people practice their own religions etc. He invented the slogan to win their hearts and minds, not John Wayne and the Green Berets.
We only see these guys wearing towels on their heads and chanting death to the great satan, etc. This type of coverage inspires hate amongst most Americans, etc. I often tell my son to not pay any attention to the media and the news, etc. Sadly he asks why, and I say there's always another side to the coin. He then says why do we see only one side........This makes me proud to know my son has so far evaded the brainwashing I was seduced by as a child.
I am sorry to say that the Mullahs rule Iran, and can only pray that the people there take their country to a better comprimise. We could use another old fashion revolution ourselves.
Large Governments like ours are so complex and corrupt, but someday I pray they start fearing the people again instead of me fearing them.
I am even beginning to think these videos of Osama Bin Laden are a sham too.
The idea of wearing camoflauge only to ruin it's effect by wrapping a bright white towel around your head reaks of Hollywood and Rambo.
Iranians seem to have the balls to stand up knowing they could die for their opinion.....I admire them.
Obama should be talking to the people of Iran instead of those guys with the towels, and robes.
I often wondered how anyone could wear black garments in the desert? White color reflects the heat I thought? I guess when these " laws " were created the weather was kinder and the Sahara had some trees................. :lol:
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I think they should have 2 corporate sponsored parties who both maintain the status quo, get the media to stir up all sorts of argument over which one is better, and let the people think they have made a big choice when they vote for one.

Mind you even that is better than being under the thumb of religion of any kind.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Neutron wrote:I think they should have 2 corporate sponsored parties who both maintain the status quo, get the media to stir up all sorts of argument over which one is better, and let the people think they have made a big choice when they vote for one.
that sounds familiar...oh yeah, it's the way it works right now!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Neutron wrote:Mind you even that is better than being under the thumb of religion of any kind.
Makes me think of AIPAC.
dawman

Post by dawman »

rahmemanuel.JPG
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Meshugganah....cawl yor motha'...you don't cawl me anymore :lol: :lol:
Joel
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:
rahmemanuel.JPG
that guy must be a huge hockey fan!
dawman

Post by dawman »

You know right now he's telling Obama to stop Isaraeli settlement expansion and keep quiet in Iran, just because the AIPAC hasn't put enough cash up on the desk in the Oval Office.... :lol:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:You know right now he's telling Obama to stop Isaraeli settlement expansion and keep quiet in Iran, just because the AIPAC hasn't put enough cash up on the desk in the Oval Office.... :lol:
Is that the $20 dollar box of doughnuts deal?
dawman

Post by dawman »

In Washington DC a 20 dollar box of doughnuts is 2000 bucks, just the " green " reusable napkins for 4 are at least 20 bucks.
Secret Service leftovers are probably 200 bucks.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's probably a load of bull, but I read a story about a deal involving a $20 box of doughnuts a day in exchange for 6 to 8 million dollars a day in 'security aid'. It's probably BS though..
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sure............believe it.
Half of our politicians are no better than a common drug dealer with better vernacular and a nice suit.
They're more worried about losing an election and will sell their children to stay in office.
What other country can a Politician get arrested with 90,000 cash in his freezer of marked money, and still stay in office.
Hell the Mayor of the Capital of the free world world is a convicted felon/crackhead.
Our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves.

These do gooders claim we need to take of all Americans, etc. They could care less about people, it's a big sham in order to have a larger government where so much money gets passed around, there's zero accountability.

If the Iranians overthrow their Government, I might move there and perform. At least I know I will be somewhere where people apprecite their freedom. And Iranian women are beautiful....
They all look like Sophia Loren...................Chinga.. :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: What other country can a Politician get arrested with 90,000 cash in his freezer of marked money, and still stay in office.

well...pretty much all of them.... :lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah,............I guess you're right.
Certain priveledges come to those who seem to know what's best for us.
Man's purest emotion is greed..............always will be.
I miss the Wild West, I really do, but I suppose those great tales of Paul Bunyan, Wyatt Earp and Thomas Jefferson and Geoge Washington were all lies..............too bad. Great reading though.
Hell I still believe in Santa Claus........SC.........ankyu.
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:You know right now he's telling Obama to stop Isaraeli settlement expansion and keep quiet in Iran, just because the AIPAC hasn't put enough cash up on the desk in the Oval Office.... :lol:
AIPAC got fucked by madoff ... the irony :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol:

AIPAC probably is the reason he's behind bars.
Usually when that much money has been stolen, retrieval of the funds and a slap on the wrist, and all is forgiven.
Besides, AIPAC bribes our politicians with such enormous amounts of money, I doubt they felt any pain.
AIPAC actually has so much money..............................they could get a black panther muslim from Texas to pass legislation for them............ :lol:
valis

Post by valis »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLo_6Qp1eTk

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4451899

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/1 ... 15189.html (constantly updated, in my links above)

http://journalsquared.blogspot.com/2009 ... etwar.html

------

It's too bad we don't have anyone in here with a more personal experience to add to this. I actually know a family in Iran and haven't been able to reach them at all now in 3 days...they're probably ok given the limited scope of the violence so far (mostly against the students & families of protestors).