SCOPE XITE-1 is shipping!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

siriusbliss

Re: SCOPE XITE-1 is shipping!

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I am messing with the skins and got a nice match w/ the Browns and Bidule.
The Plate Reverb sounded good and then I just went direct with it and I can hear the details even better, and it's an excellent Reverb.
I am really excited about more in the future, especially if they sound as warm and wet as this one.
The Inverse is excellent also, I never use one much, but if you can remember the little girls voice in the television set from the movie Poltergeist.........It's spot on.......Mommy..Mommy.
I have played for hours and hours w/ zero troubles.
I knew these guys weren't going to have any bugs. It was worth the wait.
I do know that I miss my synths and mixers and delays though.
But the stock stuff and actually the new V5 Six String sound better,but it could be from not using them for so long.
I really like the Headphone output the most though. It actually sounds like it has a little pre amp as the IEM's can be attached there as well as the analog I/O's.
These Brown skins aren't the prettiest I have ever seen but I have a feeling there's some anti fatiguing science behind it. My eyes would always be a little blurry and cause me to grab my glasses when I would take a break and go to the Internet PC, no fatigue what so ever.
Plus I am an old Cleveland Browns fan so I think I can hang with it.
Would like to see more options for dark stages though.
Install 01b.JPG
Jimmy - you suck :lol: :D :wink:

I KNEW there was something about you I liked - a fellow frustrated Cleveland Browns fan here as well.

This has GOT to be the year!

Can't wait yet another week for the next shipment (right Gary?).

Go Browns and Cavs!

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Here's 11 Modulars,
Install 01e.JPG
ELEVEN MODULARS - WTF???

:o :P 8)
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

My first test will be to see how many mixers can be loaded up with various inserts and do some real throughput tests.

I may try running 3 Samplitude's concurrently with some big VST's (already running two on my 23 DSP system), and see how the bus-handling is effected (if at all) via the extra CPU overhead vs. the Xite 'transparency' to the host machine.

This is insane! :lol:

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Ben Walker wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Here's 11 Modulars, I loaded them one after another, then went back and started raising the polyphony up to 8 on each and then to 16, and then I said the hell with this.
It's a waste of time but fun to see the DSP meters hardly move.............. :o
:) :) :)
Looking great Jimmy. Chances of me getting one this year are slight, but you never know.

Thanks for all this info - keep it coming.

Who's next? Anyone actually got one ordered?

B
Mine is supposedly coming in the next shipment (along with a few other people).

Greg
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

firubbi wrote:is it with V5 software?
http://www.sonic-core.net/en/products/xite-1.html
they should update their page right..
Well, that page does need an update, but as Holger mentioned earlier - they will update the SC site.

Plate, Ambience, Inverse and Chorus are included in the XITE package.
borg

Post by borg »

This does look really great! After my first bitter reaction, I wish SC all the best of luck getting Xite off the ground...

Any plans on OSX, btw? :D
I smell burning... must be that buck in my pants!
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Warp69 wrote:
Well, that page does need an update, but as Holger mentioned earlier - they will update the SC site.

Does anybody know is Plate, Ambience, Inverse and Chorus included in Scope 5.0 for "old" boards?
garyb

Post by garyb »

from the discussions i've had, YES, osx is planned!
we'll see how well things go, but i'm pretty confident that things will go well right now...
garyb

Post by garyb »

mpodrug wrote:
Warp69 wrote:

Does anybody know is Plate, Ambience, Inverse and Chorus included in Scope 5.0 for "old" boards?
no one but S/C knows what's in the v5 package yet, but those devices will certainly run on the old cards, afaik...
borg

Post by borg »

thanks Gary, although 'planned' doesn't sound that great to me.
sure you didn't mean 'on its way'? :D
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

borg wrote:thanks Gary, although 'planned' doesn't sound that great to me.
sure you didn't mean 'on its way'? :D
Word back at NAMM-time/January was 'planned'

Greg
dehuszar

Post by dehuszar »

I'm also curious if 88.2 is supported. Jimmy, is that an available freq?

Sam
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Sam,
I only see 32-44.1-48 & 96k.
I am playing with 96k right now.

Warp69 and Mehdi love each other................in audio speak.. :lol: ...ankyu.

I have filled my AUX's in the FB5-X ( keyless original w/ new tweaks for XITE-1 ), and then used the A100's across the channels.............yeah Brotha' Man. The PCM91/81 combo is history. It will be on ebay w/ other various sore dick deals.

If you guys with old cards get these reverbs you will smilin' largely.
They sounded good but lacked gain in the STM1632, and I noticed by themselves pre- headphone dest. module, they sounded more focused, and now in the FAT BASTARD Mixer they are awesome.
But keep in mind this is using really well designed AUX's for an all AUX mix and I can adjust the Gains, Valve amounts and bleedover for truly breathtaking blends.

These are surely great days.

Below is a mighty combination of quality. But Mehdi spelled Thank You wrong..................it's
ANKYU........ :D

Oh I just got the best Jaw Harp multisampled by a Pro Hillbilly from KIN tucky....
untitled.JPG
Tau

Post by Tau »

This is all great news. I'm ready to order mine (heck, I've been ready for a long time), but it seems that a few essential things are still missing... mostly the ExpressCard interface, and, to a lesser extent, OSX.

But I totally support S|C in releasing the XITE as it is. Since their current user base is mostly XP desktop users, I'm sure they'll be able to sell more than a few units and that'll help them continue development. And it feels really good to know that it's real, and it's out there.

I contacted Thomann, and they still don't know when they will be receiving the XITE. I'd rather order directly from S|C, but the price difference is quite significant for someone in my position! I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks, although it would be nice to have it here for my birthday too! :D

Keep us posted, Jimmy! And have fun!

T
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

I seem to remember a new synth was supposed to be included... Gizmo or something. Any news on that one?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

My Birthday is on the 23rd of June.

Thanks in advance. :D
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Jimmy,

Have any of the bugs from SCOPE 4.5 have been fixed?

E.g Bugs in the Modular III?
The phasing bug on the STS samples? (Like you, I use Kontakt 3 though)

I wondered if you have had a look at these yet.............

I am looking in Bidule, seeing if it's worhwhile.

Also I'm interested in the polyphony counts on JB's big ba****d, Solaris
I'm stuck at version 4 at the moment.

I think you should get Flexor 3 :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Strav100,

I don't use Modular III much, but I'd be happy to take a peek if you could be specific.
I don't use STS either. If they ever get that to stream I would drop Kontakt like a hot potatoe as it is full of Mollases, but I do enjoy the extreme amount of developers that we get by using it. http://rekkerd.org/review-les-productio ... out-there/
5 bucks for this guys stuff and it's quite tasty.

I notice my B2003 doesn't need to re innitiate the MIDI CC's once they have been stored.

I am waiting for Solaris and other big beasts to have the keyfiles transferred, probably tomorrow. These guys are great though...They are busting my balls now.. :lol:

Bidule is absolutely hassle free and adds no buffers like Brainspawn and other VST Hosts.
Whenever there is a problem Seb@Plogue handles it rapidly w/ anger. They are the best.
I tried Steinberg's garbage and it was pathetic, and their support was the usual finger pointing they are so famous for. With Bidule there are numerous well known film composers w/ video tutorals, etc. Let me know if you get it, I can hook you up.

I am taking a break for a few hours. I have to get some Sushi and a Crane Song mic pre w/ a U86 to A/B the mic pre's with. The owner demands he get to test it so I will be doing this later tonight.
I can look into the bug things if you explain them to me.

I haven't seen Gizmo either, but it sounds way cool, and it was spoken about at the show.
Many of the devices in X have been redone like the mixers for surround all look different to me.

Oh BTW, I do use Flexor III RD Modules, but prefer using SpaceF and Bowen synths, and Solaris 5.0's Modular Window. His Flexor III LP Butter, and SpaceF's LP2404 add some serious Cahones to synth presets. That's why I never realized many bugs. I have little patience for the scientific cable connecting stuff, plus I'm a moron.

As The Great Clint Eastwood Once Said ......."A man's got to know his limitations."
Mag_Force.JPG
okantah

Post by okantah »

Whoooooooooo what am I in my dream ?????????? please some help im in my dream.
Congratulations, Sonic Core and Jimmy
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

wow! mazal t0v!!!!

iv been deep in my film score project and didnt even notice this!
great news!

best of luck to the SC team!