Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: regarding the scope5.0 release

Post by garyb »

why not request that from S/C?
Throttler

Post by Throttler »

oh come on, we have a topic here about that. and what's to ask? sample rate options? should I ask for a stereo out too? Is it not enough that November 8 is the second birthday of Windows Vista and still no drivers for Scope? Ok, so here it goes.

DEAR SONIC CORE, WINDOWS 7 WILL BE RELEASED IN LATE 2009, EARLY 2010. PLEASE HAVE OUR DRIVERS READY BEFORE 2012.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Im really looking forward to the release of the XITE-1 system - a system that can load more reverbs than you'll ever need.

Regarding samplerate on Vista - you're unable to change the samplerate through the drivers in Vista on any product, which means you'll have to do it through the control panel - that sucks!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have held off on buying another hardware reverb so I can buy the A100/P100's.
I miss my Lexicons severly, although DAS and CW MVPro are quite tweakable, the Lexicons just wrap themselves around source material so well. Hopefully Warp69's weapons shoot as straight as everyone here says they do. :wink:
My goal is to use the SP/DIF's for my sub PCM sounding MPX-1, as it sounds excellent for faster decays like vox / percussion. But for my beloved Acoustic instrument libraries, and electro-mechanical sounds, the AES/EBU's on a Bricasti Model 7.
Of course I can't afford it, but I'm putting 300 bucks on a Parlay card this weekend, and if it wins...... :lol: .
dawman

Post by dawman »

To be honest,..live with an entire mix being played the difference is hard to distinguish between hardware and DSP / VST / Convolution IR's.
But on an acoustic guitar and vocal, or solo piano performance the quality of a good hardware design is just heavenly.
I am really anxious to hear the 5.1, it was one of the deciding factors for the XITE-'s purchase. Just being able to to not only record but perform in 5.1 was an exciting experiment.
If the results are so-so, I will still have the mightiest synth machinr known to man. :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

XITE-1/Scope 5.0 is a Rottweiler.................That Dog'll Hunt.
Origin from Arturia is a French Poodle......Very Cute, but that dog don't hunt. :wink:
UAD is a mixed mut ( American ).......It will hunt if forced to survive.
ProTools is a Grey Wolf............It only gets the leftovers from other young hunters.

Sorry If I Left Anything Out.............It's Been A Long Day.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I am glad to read this Ralf :)
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol: .........
I enjoy his unique style of pessimism.
rafafredd

Post by rafafredd »

I don't know... Almost november. I'm sure all the trouble with the latency in releasing the SFP 5 is the Windows Vista issues. It's too much of a trouble to make something like SFP work right on top of Vista, I think. Too different kind of things. SFP wants full control, and Vista won't give it??? Vista is mainly a "consumer" OS, if you know what I mean. The other day I just inserted a DVD full of videos and images on my new dual core laptop, very fast and lots of ram, and BANG. It was freezed for three and a half hours managing to make small thumbs from the images on the DVD. How good is that? Can I cancel it and keep working? Can I ask it not to do it in any way? Can I just choose another visualization method before it's done? Can I force quit the application? WOW! the answer was NO! I had to wait, or pull the plug. So, as I hate pulling the plug from the wall on my new computer, I just waited three and a half hours until VISTA had all the thumbs made for my viewing pleasure. That's wahy they say the WOW starts now. hahaha. That was the most basic bug I ever find in an operating system. Just as an example of what it really is... F@@#$@#% Vista... I hate it!

Well, Windows 7 will be out there anytime soon, maybe in the next six months, because MS wants to burn the Vista fiasco as soon as possible. Hopefully, the new scope platform will be windows7 compatible, as the core of the OS is the same as Vista. MS team claims full compatibility. So why don't they launch it as Vista SP2 in a free upgrade aproach? Will they sell upgrades for the new Windows7? They even say that it's not more than a Vista done right. So, we bought Vista, and it's really a mess, so now we have to upgrade for the same OS but dne right? MS... SpnicCore should really think about seriously going LINUX. REALLY!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Dont worry, windows 7 is based on vista so it will be just as "good"
Time for Linux

come on adobe, autodesk, and all you sequencer companies!
rafafredd

Post by rafafredd »

I'm using Ardour, and it's really good. Only audio, but MIDI is almost done. Professional stuff, this guys...

http://www.ardour.org

I keep thinking. If Scope already runs on Mac, a linux version would be not that hard.