creamware releases scope 5.0

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

rightclick on the shortcut of scope 4.5 on your desktop.
rename, and type "Scope Platform v5.0"
done!
You can now enjoy the benefits of your new music workstation!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cream

Post by cream »

And less expensive too. :grin:
I wonder what's in 6.0...
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

On 2005-12-03 02:23, ARCADIOS wrote:
rightclick on the shortcut of scope 4.5 on your desktop.
rename, and type "Scope Platform v5.0"
done!
You can now enjoy the benefits of your new music workstation!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:grin:

But seriously, if there ever will be a REAL update, I wonder if there will be some software improvements...
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2005-12-03 03:31, ChampionSound wrote:
...But seriously, if there ever will be a REAL update, I wonder if there will be some software improvements...
the smartest contribution in the whole upgrade discussion :grin:

thumbs up, Tom
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

True,
I'm one of them now, because I just bought the SnS Project ugrade a couple of minutes ago, just to get the extra plugs. I'm so lucky I haven't had one of the plugs in the upgrade yet. Can't wait to play with my new toys!
But it's sad for the ones like you, stardust.

edit: I know Tom :wink: I'm just trying to say, I'm not sure what to expect from CWA anymore, can you help me out then?

cheers :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChampionSound on 2005-12-03 04:11 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You're the funniest joker in the house Arcadios

Congrats :grin:

Was the Scope 4.5 CD rom thread a joke as well then ? ... I did think so. Either that or you're a CD rom pervert :grin:
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Stardust, I have the same feeling. Kind of cleaning the cellar!
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Windows Vista might end up an upgrade in the manner of Scope 5.0, too. :lol:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's good you can laugh Shayne :smile:

I only hope you're laughing because as a developer who's devoted time to developing FREE app's & co-ordinating the new SDK forum, you've got the 'upgrade' FREE ... Have you ?

[ED]

oops :roll: silly me, it IS free :wink:

[/ED]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 07:28 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

i paid. no problem. sure, this is a cleaning of the cellar. we know that the current computer configuration(motherboard architecture, processor design et al)is about to change. surely this is the beginning of the last phase of this platform's current iteration. i DO expect the cards to be made for a few more years, but i also expect a new form for the new machines. i expect this money will help fund the future. i also expect that as they ALWAYS have, cwa will have an easy migration path for the old users and that the old systems MAY even integrate. believe me, if the people at cwa only wanted to scam, there would be much easier scams to run than this. cwa has made many mistakes and public relations is not their best suit(although if you think about it, that's not nessessarily a bad thing!), but they do have a wonderful product, no matter the limitations, and it has continually improved(i've been around since v1.2 or so....) and become a better and better buy, so they can't be all bad. if it's just the name that is so upsetting and the name is a mistake, be grown up and intelligent, get over it. the software package given with new cars and presented as the latest package when someone wishes to get the software from cwa has to be called something other than 4.0. i could've been 4.1 or 4.00006 or whatever, but it was called 4.5. well, that's a lot closer to 5.0 than 4.00006..........

as to lost value, too bad. the plugins are only valuable with the cards. trading them around can be fun, but it's not that big of a deal. the prices that they cost are fair for the devices or they'd not have been purchased. now that they are part of the whole package, the cards themselves have become more valuable. there are many things determining value besides the actual asking price. everyone who purchased the plugins at the old price got their use(or should've!) out of them. move on.

this is just how i see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-12-03 10:58 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Gary, I hear you 97%, but it's not about 'scams', it's about information for 'current' users or *lack of it* as the case may be......
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I haven't been offered a free upgrade to 4.5. After all, I didn't pay anything for the SDK. :smile:

I *am* pretty upset that there haven't been any actual improvements in the software itself, as I'm still waiting for good WDM drivers. However, 98EU for the Profit-5/Pro-12, B-2003, and others is a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, I'm completely broke right now and can't even afford that. :sad:

What I'm worried about is the fact that CW hasn't made any new devices in years. They're simply trying to re-market the old ones. Once everything's included with all boards, what happens then?

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:grin: ED ... Just download it & install it Shayne. Or have you already? :wink:

happy happy happy happy talk :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 07:31 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

CWA have got to do something to stay competitive. Unless they want to devote development resources to the old cards & software, then all they have is price to play with.

That's what I'm seeing here: a way to make the cards more desirable and "keep them going" for a little while longer. Surely all their efforts must be focussed on a genuinely new product for the long term.

If that product is backwards compatible with current devices then any software investment by users will keep its worth.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I hear you Spirit. That makes perfect sense.

Off to make music now :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 08:10 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

does_not_compute

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2005-12-04 08:01 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Broken down record player :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 08:08 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

does_not_compute

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2005-12-04 08:02 ]</font>
okantah

Post by okantah »

I can not understand how few here still hang around with the CW card and always with hard feelings and complains !there is logic in nature that's, not satisfy here one looks where beter satisfaction is simple,
CW products not good enough for you,seek for one which is beter for.therefor long years hard feelings would get over.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Yes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-04 08:08 ]</font>