Devices for theatre use

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

garygiles

Post by garygiles »

Hi All

I build and supply computer systems for audio playback in theatre shows. The software I use for this is Sfx by Stage Research, http://www.stageresearch.com/products/index.aspx.

I am very interested in using CreamWare cards in conjunction with Sfx but it does have it problems. The following are a couple of devices needed to make the Scope card work for theatre use.

1. Routing: The following is what I require

24 x 24 routing
Able to route any input to any or all outputs.
2 x inserts on inputs and outputs.
Need to insert Stereo Reverb into input channel. Only need a few stereo channels. Suggested input configuration 20 x mono inputs & 4 x Stereo Inputs.
Delay in milliseconds on all outputs.
Level Control on input and output
Meter bridge showing all inputs and output
No need for mix op

2. Delay

I need a 16 input, 16 output device
Able to label each input
Level control and delay in milliseconds
Input can in mono channels.
Level meter on all outputs

Shayne, your Route is very good but seems to use a lot of DSP the above need to be able to run a 6 DSP card. Also I need to be able to route the input to all outputs.

I guess the delay unit is not need if the router has delay on all outputs. I only put the request in for the delay device because I thought it is easier to produce.

If anyone is interested in trying to produce any of the above please contact me.

Regards

Gary Giles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garygiles on 2005-06-05 02:44 ]</font>