VDAT

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dickster

Post by dickster »

I was wondering if anyone has done any comparisons between VDAT and SX2. I mostly record jazz and acoustic music. Usually a steinway and vocals, with or without a band. I am wondering if the sound quality of VDAT would be better than SX for this. I don't think there is a demo of VDAT. Tripledat should have same quality as VDAT as they are supposed to be using the same interface,but I am getting tired of waiting for tripledat.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

If you record music that doesn't need fancy edits, repeating parts etc, like jazz music, that should be based mostly on good performance, VDAT is worth imo, I find it sonically superior, the absence of a plaethoric audio engine and asio drivers shows it's advantages in what I think is a great depth and detail in recordings.

There is also a free device that can be hooked to VRC, parallel to VDAT, that gives rock steady metronome with selectable samples and outputs ramps to syncronize FleXor modular sequencers, called Clock 2 Click,
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=16&14

TripleDat has more sound format limitations, VDAT allows 32bit linear recordings that sound terrific, imo. SX is not capable of 32bit linear, only float, while VDAT the opposite, so they can't exchange their best formats.
I think VDAT sound is wonderful. Even at lower rates, like 24bits, compatibile with almost everything else, it sounds superb.
hubird

Post by hubird »

there was a thread about all this, I don't have VDAT but if I remember well VDAT is widely considered preferrable in audio quality :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2005-01-01 19:37 ]</font>
brain1

Post by brain1 »

tracks can also be recorded with vdat and imported to an app such as nuendo,cubase,logic,sonar etc.. and edited then played back through vdat with great results.