questions from possible new user

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

rigoli

Post by rigoli »

Hi!
I'm a pulsar1 user from first days, i used it with a pc for many studio works, and now i play live with a powerbook. It's cool but it has not so much power to run many synths (vsti or au) so i'm thinking of getting a noah with the special upgrade offer (i will pay 775e returning my pulsar1).
So would you owners like to give me some suggests and informations?

I will run under osx, i know someone here use it, so how is it? Are coreaudio drivers stable or the software has bugs? I play gigs so it's very important to not happen strange things;-)

Then, are there any problems saving presets?

Will I be able to control synths knobs with the four noah ones or you suggest to get a remote controller? In this case, is assigning synth's knobs simple as it is in pulsar software?

When i save a song, and then reopen, are the noah synths recalled by midi or i have to open a separate project like in pulsar?

Forgot to mention that i will use noah with ableton live and numerology.
I hope to not annoy with many questions:
i'm quite sure that noah is what i need, i'm sure to get incredible analog sounds, but would also be sure it will work well under osx. Also, sadly, i know it will no more updated.

Really thanks for your help.

Cheers

rigoli
arela

Post by arela »

hi
no action?

First, it looks like a great deal, don't hesitate!

Then, are there any problems saving presets?
Well, to be more specific, no problems saving presets, but trouble naming/renaming presets - but as i wrote before, there is a manual :smile:
I suggest a remote controll and through sequencer. You can choose cc and/or sysex from midi, usb or both
When i save a song, and then reopen, are the noah synths recalled by midi or i have to open a separate project like in pulsar?
If you save a multi preset, all 4 slots are saved with their presets.
(ops, here i have trouble naming presets)

So if you have a song "hey", you could save multi preset "hey" with
Pro One "emperor lead" at ch1/slot1/adat1-2
Lightwave "dx7 harp" at ch2/slot2/adat3-4
...and open next time you open "hey"
Also, sadly, i know it will no more updated.
amen :sad:

Hope you find out about osx, think it's ok, but i'm stuck with little-bill