recommended sample lib for disco brass parts

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I might have asked this already, but I'm wondering if anyone's had experience with good brass sample libs for disco brass. I'm talking about something similar to brass construction, or EWF.
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

I heard rumors about an upcoming halion brass edition (same quality as string edition)
could be the release of a long missed tool :wink:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

interesting. I'll be on the lookout for more info. In the meanwhile, are there any that are already released?
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

i´m still searching too :wink:
any ideas?
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

digging up.. anybody got a half descent solution for this?
hubird

Post by hubird »

I got this news email this morning:

BandmateLoops.com welcomes all users.

Greetings Inside Track Members...Here's what's happening NOW:
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- NEW MEMBER LOOPS

For September, we're putting up a super-exclusive preview of
our brand-new hot-hot horns collection and we know you're
gonna love it. For this round, it's disco style, with more
to come. Enjoy!

http://www.bandmateloops.com/storefront.php
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Ken, I've heard about Arturia Brass as being a very good option for this, I have not tryed it myself, so cannot tell really. Just in case...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Kensuguro,
I have recently purchased the First Call Horns from Big Fish Audio 4 Gigastudio 3. It has all the elements you need 4 pop and section work. From Maynard Ferguson and Tower Of Power, to Miles Davis. I did use Nick Phoenix's Quantum Leap Brass till then. Both are crucial 4 horns, but QLB is extremely orchestral as in Nelson Riddle, circa Sinatra.
To keep my solo chops up I sequenced some of Jason Miles, and Miles Davis sessions from the album Amandla, as this was a good test for muted samples. Funny you should mention it, but disco is on a rampage here in Las Vegas, and I am working on section sounds for disco brass in my off time. I would suggest listening to some old Bill Chase, and Blood Sweat And Tears for getting the real section sounds that are used frequently in disco recordings. Good luck finding any samples that come close to the David Sanborn sax work, as he was on 80% of the disco albums recorded in LA, and NYC in those days.

Peace,
arela

Post by arela »

Or maybe this http://www.ueberschall.com/
There is also a special version for Melodyne which i think must be bought from them.
There is some demos to at http://www.celemony.com.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

nice. the melodine thing look pretty cool. I'm looking more for a multisample tho, not a loop based set. The melodine one is sort of inbetween, but still kind of loop based. Maybe garritan's jazz bigband set would work for me.

wow, actually I just saw the link from jimmy, this look like it hits the spot! Will be checking it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2006-09-16 10:49 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

It is designed 4 GS3 with the dimensions and keyswitching, but the raw samples are dry and supreme IMHO. I use a gated plate from my old PCM 70 to get some really fat sections. I also still have an ancient sample cell section hit w/o those annoying falls that I still use. 16 bit still lives in live work for me. But these 24 bit First Call Horns are quite realistic when scored correctly.