Noah as a USB audio interface

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

thorkell

Post by thorkell »

I'm just wondering if it is possible to use the Noah as Asio interface for laptops? Has anyone experienced with this, that is playback and 2channel recording. Is it 44.1 Khz only? How does it handle playback, latency etc?..
wolf

Post by wolf »

a friend of mine wanted to get the rme hdsp for his laptop in the first place, but ditched the decision in favour of the noah box. He's quite happy with his setup (uses an 2,53GHz Gericom as laptop "frontend" running logic and ableton live). I remember, he could go down to 6 ms with no probs, track count depends on the harddrive (he uses an external firewire drive, which gives better results than a laptop hd). Yes, 44,1 kHz only, afaik.
So to answer your question, yes, it can be used very well as audio interface and is in fact a good (and portable !) combo with a laptop.

My friend was soooo happy about not having to carry the half of his studio with him anymore when playing live (he lives in the 5th floor and also got the laptop new, so before he had to go about four times the stairs, now only one (!) time).

best
Wolfgang

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wolf on 2004-04-01 12:39 ]</font>
powerpulsarian

Post by powerpulsarian »

Do you know how many audio channels can be going in and out on the Noah at one time - and the performance (as far as latency) with the max?
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi there,
I experienced this with a friend on my laptop.
Record = no problem.
Max read channels : 8 tracks.

It may differ according to disk speed, or to the quality of the usb controller.

Myself I see the usb port more for the graphic interface and occasional patching of audio in (or midi In/Out!) ..... It's very handy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-02-23 15:56 ]</font>
cexc

Post by cexc »

hello to everyone

one question . . . which standard has the noah interface usb 1.1 or usb 2.0?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Wired

Post by Wired »

Curious if we got our terminology right, ..are you saying you can use the noah as an asio source like a souncard...so that your vst instruments on your laptop can use it....say like an external soundcard i/o?...with say, ...6ms latency
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Yes noah can act as a soundcard with asio driver
Wired

Post by Wired »

So, if i have a laptop, ..and need asio i/o, you are saying that it can act as a 2in/2out audio card?....so that i don't have to buy quatafire or ediral fa101 unless i want more i/o?, that is good news if its true
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's true.
Wired

Post by Wired »

The only issue is , i think, the usb 1, if it was usb 2, maybe we would get enuf audio and midi to run, usb 2 is much faster than 1

No?