SpaceF - This is the end

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi to all,

I didn't really know where to post this message, and I hope this is the right place.

For some of you, like for me, it will be sad to learn that SpaceF is over. The site will not be renewed and expires and July 7th.

It will not come back before (?) and if I ever continue making devices, it will not be spacef anymore.

Please do not think it is related in any way to anything happening here or there or whatever you may think about. It is very personal, difficult(much more for me than for you), but necessary.

For those who do not know : I have been making devices since 1998 when I got my first Pulsar card (amongst the very first to be sold in France). A few monthes later, I began designing devices, the first being released around august 1999. You probably know the rest of the story. And I've been living into DP most of my time for 5 years now, more and more every year.

But today it is time for a change. I need to concentrate on important issues, a life to live, and I will not have as much time as before, that's for sure.

A word to Echo users : thank you. you probably have no idea how you helped and how I am grateful. I will try to set up a page for echo somewhere, upload presets, and especially tips and tricks, but it will take a bit of time.
I'll do my best to be there for you.
So please do not be angry if you do not find spacef anymore.
And I'll be around anyway :smile:

uh, i read that post again, it sounds like a soap opera, what a blah blah :smile: , but, yes, it is also necessary to let you know exactly what happens, not to let you draw wrong conclusions too fast.

So I say "au revoir" and you will see me again under this ID or another.

See you

nb: i've put a few spacef devices in the device page for history.

Have fun
Be Happy !
And make good music !

Mehdi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-06-09 04:59 ]</font>
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Hi Mehdi, i'm sad to ear this, hope it's for the best for you, i wish you the best. You deserve it :smile:

See you around, and, if you don't make devices no more, well, at least continue your music! Music is for life, music is life, sort of :wink:

We'll miss you
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Sad to see SpaceF disappear, good to see Mehdi still will be with us :smile:

Good luck with the future! Now go make some music!! :wink:
onomat

Post by onomat »

Well, that's a pity and a loss for us all.. Goodbye and hate to see ya go...

Thanks Spacef for all the interesting stuff you've contributed to the Pulsar/Scope community over the years...as a fellow developer, I know how much work you've put in and it's been interesting watching your developement since 98 when I also first started designing plug-ins in Australia...

All the best with your new found freedom.

s.ayton
De-Vice'
borg

Post by borg »

:eek:

yes, the mail started out as very emotional and sounded way more serious than it is :smile:
although it is real sad to kind of loose on of the coolest developers for scope :sad:

glad you're doing fine, and it must feel good somehow to put something aside to start a new chapter. all the best...

Ha! "this is the end” it's the beginning, mehdi.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
petal

Post by petal »

Thanks for all the important work you have done for this platform, sad to hear that you will stop developing devices for us - but I wish you good luck with your decision to concentrate on different things here in life, may they be at least as rewarding to you as your past work has been to us!

Cheers!
Thomas :smile:
astroman

Post by astroman »

:smile:

with Echo you've left us an outstanding tool and honestly I feel a bit ashamed to have it bought for that 'special introductory' price.

take care and drop a line from time to time...

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2004-06-07 19:02 ]</font>
BingoTheClowno

Post by BingoTheClowno »

Damn women, they always take away the joy from us... :smile:
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Dear Mehdi,

You'll always have friends here! Please visit from time to time and let us know what you're up to, and how you're doing.

Good luck with your new adventures.

-John
scary808

Post by scary808 »

Sorry to see you go. I'm sure many of your devices will remain legendary. How can I buy the Echo3?

Anyway, good luck in your future endeavors!

Chris
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Your note sounds a little melancholy, so I hope you new adventures are full of happiness ! Keep in touch with your Z friends yes ? And play more music :smile:
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Maybe sometime in the future you start to make again devices... you never know...

But for the moment, follow your heart and enjoy life!...cause we might have only one!
hubird

Post by hubird »

SPACE
F

ImageImageImage
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

Let me add my respects to the others here. Your generosity and inventive devices have greatly enriched my Pulsar/Scope experience from day one. I look forward to your new incarnation. Best of luck.

/dave
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

I'd also like to say - I've appreciated and enjoyed the communications I've had with you, Mehdi. I truly understand your emotions in your announcement, and hope all will be for the best!

You will always have friends here in the Pulsar and planet z community...

regards,
john bowen
bowen synth design
zarg music
wayne

Post by wayne »

best wishes, Mehdi :smile:
brain1

Post by brain1 »

mehdi- sorry to see you stop developing, you have been very helpful to myself and others!
will your spacef devices still be available for purchase or download?

good luck
wolf

Post by wolf »

Mehdi, thanks from me too, for your ongoing contribitions on this platform since years. I enjoyed the communication with you very much as well and hope, your future will have something to do with music.

best
Wolfgang
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Really, stay in tune and find a way to continue your contributions, without changing your plans, but this community can't loose such a respected member!

:smile: Cheers man!
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i think CW should license Echo3 from Mehdi and develop it for Noah, giving Mehdi some well deserved dosh.

Sad to see you stop developing, all the best for whatever you do in the future.

Mr Arkadin