Luna II (price and question)

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bluzz

Post by bluzz »

Hi !

i'm just about to buy a Luna II card (not enough money for a Pulsar :sad: ) and i found a online store in Germany offering very good prices (i'm personaly from France): http://www.musicstorekoeln.de

Take a look (and tell me if you found better !!) :
They offer Luna II for 335 $us (in France : 434 $us) and Pulsar II for 1.025 $us (instead of 1.455 in France).

I've already bought stuff in this store and they are serious (i know it looks like an advertisement but prices seem very attractive to me).

Before ordering the card, i have a question you may help me to answer : I'm no professional so i'm not in need of the ADAT I/O of the pulsar, but having more DSP would be usefull. Do you think it could be a good idea for me to buy a second Luna II later to reach 6 DSP ? (it would cost me almost half the price of a Pulsar II!)
It seems to be a bunch of creamware users round here, so you may know if there's any inconvenient to this solution.

thanks
CU

Bluzz
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

you won't have the pulsar software!
you can use the 4 fx and 2 mixers, plus all of the 3rd party devices, but you won't get all of the CW stuff . . . :sad:
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

Gosh!! that's a bad news :sad: !! i completly forgot about that (dummy head of mine)!!

i presume i will not be able to install the pulsar synth bundle you all use if someone lend me the cd (not very regular indeed).
Do you think it's still a good deal if i use all the freebies instead ?

i'm really sad cos i do not see any alternative to this great system.
Mo

Post by Mo »

then go for a used pulsar hardware version 1. these four-dsp boards can be ran with the latest software (and also with version 3.0 this summer), and if combined with a second-generation board like luna2 they also have all hardware benefits of the second hardware generation.

used pulsar1-cards are traded for around 400€, so it might be a similar cheap way to start without lacking the pulsar software.

have fun, these are great products (no advertisement, too :grin: )

Mo
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

i did what mo suggests. I bought a used Pulsar I for $500, and then a Luna II for $325 when I got the cash - 7 sharcs, 7 ms ASIO latency, $825US. :grin:
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

thanks for your advices, guys !

i'll think about it and be back soon (think the next place i'll post will be the pulsar sovling problems !!!)

bye
bluzzzzz
jargon

Post by jargon »

But has anybody _really_ tried to run Pulsar software on a Luna? ...with some results, I mean!
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You can't without a Pulsar key, which you have to buy (comes bundled with I/O plates as "XTC" upgrades) or comes with a full Pulsar card.