ULLI and cracks

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Hi I wasn't here long time...
Can you help me someone?
I have an Pulsar I routed together via ASIO2 drivers into the VST 32 5.0 on my PIII850/100 Asus CUSL2 MB and 256MB SDRAM. When I use DSP SHARCs more then approximately half of its power, I hear some glitches or pops (cracks) in audio. It strightly depends on what ULLI latency setting I am using. When I use lowest ULLI, problem is solved and here are no pops in audio. I have an friend who has Pulsar I connected together with the Powersampler and when he runs on one of the higher latencyes he has the same problem.
I've try to re - install my Win98, I've try Win98, four types of motherboards }Asus CUSL2, one of FIC family, Microstar BX Master, Microstar MS6163 PRO) and problem is still here.
Please can someone answer me???

Post by Guest »

Subject: upgrade to luna..

I have the same problem...I think that happens 'cause you are using a pulsar I and you can't use low ulli settings...If you will use pulsar I whith luna or similar you will be able to use ulli settings at 2ms!the power of your processor is important but not enough!(I have a k7 1ghz and I hear the same scratches)....

Post by Guest »

Subject: ULLI pops

Hi.
It does not solving the problem. Pulsar 1 board must to run on the ULLI 13ms and lower (at 44.1kHz)without any clicks or pops.
Cheers.

Post by Guest »

Subject: hm, pulsar I should work with 13ms!

hi,
i have a pulsar I and a pulsar srb I working on 13ms and i have no special problems (like the usuals! :) ).

by the way: 13ms is the lowest latency for pulsar I.

are you working in slave or master mode? ....hm, but it makes no matter at me, my pulsars are working as slave on an adatlink and they are working without special cracks in audio and sampleplaying...
i have to think about that problem.

pIII550, abit b6 II, 256mb - but i was working on my asus P2b and it was also working.

can you describe it as near as possible? did you try to use asio 1 -drivers? hm, this would be a possibility...yes, i did not try it with asio2-drivers... maybe that´s the problem?

i think about and will try it today at my systems...

best regards

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: hm, pulsar I should work with 13ms!

Hi.
Thanx for your interest.
I am working in Pulsar-Slave mode (Pulsar is connected to Yamaha 01V digital mixer via ADAT connectors). And the system is properly synced.
Clicks are pops are not caused by bad synchronization of Master and Slave. These clicks are like when you have a bad audio cable, or something like that.
I must to use ASIO2 drivers, because ASIO1 are very slow for my operations. Creamware says, that it must working and I want to solve this problem with this setup. Creamware told my, that Matrox DH G450 32MB gr. card and Asus CUSL2 are best components and...
I´ve tryied other cards, such as S3 Trio, ATI 32MB, ...
nothing positive happens...

Post by Guest »

Subject: yes,yes-but....

hi,
i will try to follow the asio2-driver on my system as soon as possible, but: did you try to use asio1 for testing? i´m sure, you will have no problem then!

the gfx-card: do you have the possibility to take one card of a buddy to test-try it! i´m sure there will be no difference! gfx-cards are important, but my matrox g200 8mb is still working-it should be a trouble-gfx-card too!

best regards

t.