BIOS desaster, please, some advice if posible.

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It was crazy, I just updated the AG-BX2000 Gigabite MOBO from my old computer through the nonline direct download, DESASTER... nothing works now...

Question:

Is it posible to write onto a BIOS that does not respond? I understand the board like this, is just death, am I wrong? If I can do something to repair it, what is it?
Thanks...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Man, your accumulating bad luck over bad luck... That's too bad...

But, since the last time i gave you advice about your 'black screen' problem, and i was so totaly wrong, i will just give a hint...

<font size="+4" color="red">YOU'RE DOOMED!</font>

:smile:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

:grin: :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2003-07-22 13:32 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

hi Nestor,

that's a tough one. As far as I've been told the usual procedure in that situation is to 'lend' a working BIOS chip from another mobo (same kind of course), boot and run the bios updater up to the point where it asks 'OK to write?', then replace the working chip with the damaged one (rather tricky, better exercise unpowered) and pray all goes well.
You cannot boot without a bios as you've already noticed, the machine has complete amnesia and doesn't even know what a keyboard or disk drive is.

good luck, Tom
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I'm not even sure I know what your problem is (it sure sounds grim), but search around a bit.... maybe here?

Oh, and isn't the GA-BX2000 a dual-BIOS mobo anyway ?

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm ... qid/417762

http://home.connexus.net.au/~port/fried0.html

http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/Mot ... 2000.shtml

http://www.hwupgrade.com/motherboard/gi ... ga-bx2000/
_____
Here I rest

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2003-07-22 13:59 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hey Marcus, even in this event you could still make me lough crazy man... Fortunately I’m rather a humorous person, if not, you would have had to expect for me to send you a bomb to your house... to blow your well working MOBO... :lol:

Well, seriously now: It’s not the P4PE the one I’m talking about, I’m talking about a 6 years old Gigabyte MOBO model AG-BX2000, from my last computer, the one my wife’s using now. After serving me soooo much, it would be out of question to complain really.

The upgrade was the death for it... it should have worked, but misteriously it didn’t.

The bloody bitch is death... long life to the bitch! :lol:

Yes, let’s laugh at tragedy, cos tragedy nevertheless, is always loughing at us...
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

You do mean the GA not the AG ? (see above)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes sorry Spirit, you're right, the one you poited out it's the one... I'm right now on a Internet Cafe, and so, it's time to go... I hope I can be back as soon as posible, cos the computer connected to the net was the deth one... THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR ANSWERS, THANK YOU REALLYJ!!! :smile:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

On 2003-07-22 13:59, Nestor wrote:
Hey Marcus, even in this event you could still make me lough crazy man... Fortunately I’m rather a humorous person, if not, you would have had to expect for me to send you a bomb to your house... to blow your well working MOBO... :lol:
I'm sorry Nestor... I'm i shoudn't have put this message... I was in a mood...

But it's true, you're right, better laught at those events than cry... This kinda of thing, not this particular one, but this kind of thing happened so often to me...

I lost patience with hardware so many times, litteraly throwing a pc by the windows, or destroying a cd burner with a hammer cuz it made it's last coaster... :grin:
bosone

Post by bosone »

once i had a shitty problem with my bios: it setted the CPU core voltage to 2 volt minimum (where the normal setting was 1.75V). my cpu was nearly evaporating...
i tried to upgrade thge bios, but nothing.
i solved the problem by removing the bios battery (you should locate it easily) and reinserting it: the bios was reset to the default values...