a guitar device

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

assaf

Post by assaf »

hello,

i'm looking for a device that lets you choose a guitar and an amp' and when you play your guitar pulsar will simulate it.

do you know one?

not the guitar amp modeller or the stienberg virtual guitar...

thanks
at0m

Post by at0m »

AFAIK, there's no such device now.

CW's working on a modelling guitar synth, of which you can choose body material, pickups, type of strings etc.

As usual, I'd be glad to read the contrary when I say something don't work/doesn't exist...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

if it's a guitar though... considering how much a modest model costs, it might be a better solution to buy one, learn to play one, and then get a very beefy amp sim. (celmo's of course) The result might not be pro quality, but it'll probably be better than a quasi-guitar sound that's obviously triggered by a sequencer.

But of course, a phys-mod guitar has its strengths in creating strange sounds and spaced out sound effects... the usual dilemma of real stuff+a little digital cheese versus total digital cheese. But heck, I think we all love cheese around here. hehe. :smile:

For me though, the realism of a physmod guitar (got one on Triton), taking into its ease of use factor, still doesn't add up to the price you pay for the software/hardware.. tough line to draw. Ya spend half the time tweaking the CCs and midi data anyway.

It's a very, very good trend though.. that CW is sticking its head into this field. The horizons are definitely becoming wider.
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

assaf

Post by assaf »

ok, looks great, can you translate the importent parts - when it will be available, price... thanks
borg

Post by borg »

introduction at NAMM in january. should be available now at creamware site. it costs 250 euros, 199 euros if you buy before the end of february. the demo can be downloaded.

that's what the article said, but nothing to be found on the creamware site.
assaf

Post by assaf »

thanks... it's not on the creamware site but i'm waiting...
bosone

Post by bosone »

something like line6 POD or behringer Vamp should me made for pulsar...
Micha

Post by Micha »

is done, bosone. Look for Celmo's Guitar Amp Modeller
http://www.celmo.com/page_accueil_plugins2.htm
bosone

Post by bosone »

celmo guitar amp simulator (altohough is a beatuiful device) does not allow to emulate 32 amp models and 16 speaker cabinets like pod or v-amp!
Micha

Post by Micha »

correct. Maybe we get some more from Mr. Engel? Something like Super-GAM? I like the blues section of GAM and miss something like the Mesa Boogies of the POD.
bosone

Post by bosone »

this is exactly my feeling, the feeling of an heavy metal player! :grin: :grin: :grin:
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

Has anyone tried the guitar modeler (Nigel) that comes with the Mackie UAD-1?

Anyway - I agree, a really good guitar amp modeler with a wider range of options would be very nice. It would be great to get an update to the Celmo device with some new amp models and features.
thermos

Post by thermos »

i might be wrong, but i think behringer uses shark dsp`s so for them to port v-amp should be easy, but i rather see a sfp version a pod.
This message will selfdestruct in 20 seconds.
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

Have you seen this over in announcements: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/rush/unitx/index.html

It is suppose to be out in a couple of weeks.

BTW- I think porting V-AMP over would be great - that way I can have an external V-AMP for travel and an internal copy.