a real time "time strech"!!!!!

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

nanoushka

Post by nanoushka »

this could be fine to put a time stretch
on auxe's of the table and use it as a normal effect!
squarepusher does and it sounds great!!!
listen to "go plastic" album, there is a wall of interresting real time treatments like this...
ds-sound

Post by ds-sound »

Time, by nature, is a linear subject. If you wish to time-strech a certain channel, you'll have to hold its entire content in memory, a thing that's not 'really' a real-time function, even though it holds some of its properties.

Furthermore, If you wish to speed up a certain channel, this means that the sequencer you use will have to 'Feed' the pulsar inputs with data ahead of the cursors location, and that's hardly possible.

I'd be happy to hear about a technique or the technology that'll make your great suggestion possible.
Blend Studios | www.BlendStudios.co.il
nanoushka

Post by nanoushka »

so... i seen a time stretch on an eventide orville, but maybe i'm to optimistic about the creamware hardware power... :smile:
at0m

Post by at0m »

you are not. it only has to be done...
ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

You can simulate 'realtime' time-stretching by feeding a sound into a delay and then increasing delay-time (midi controller) while the sound goes through the feedback circuit.
The SSB Delay is suitable for this, though it induces some clicking when changing delay times. But the results are pretty cool nevertheless :smile:
nanoushka

Post by nanoushka »

thx, i will try this