UVI Falcon

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

UVI Falcon

Post by Nestor »

UVI Falcon is an ABSOLUTE BEAST of a VST plugin, beyond what you might even imagine possible, seriously. If you don't know it, you should! I have only tried it, I don't own it, but wow..., the possibilities, the deepness of the programing, the "sounds", the "samples", absolutely great!

As it has happened with the thread about Roland Zenology, it could happen here again with UVI Falcon. Please, discover it! There are many collections of the best synths sampled at perfection and with an hybrid approach through deep synthesis and great FXs too.

Falcon is not just your average excellent VST for synth choice, it offers a mountain of sound designs to your hands. For me, it is perhaps the BEST sounding group of created analogue synths so far, I didn't know it could be SO good, I am surprised!

It is a little bit like NI Konkat in a way, but not so, it is much more synth oriented for what I saw.

What's bad about it? It is all about monthly or yearly plans again..., unfortunately. I did not find any offer to actually "buy" it and make it yours. If you know about something like this, please, post here so we know.

Page:

https://www.uvi.net/falcon

Well, we have here, perhaps, a good discussion again
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Re: UVI Falcon

Post by valis »

It's $349.00 USD for me here. I've seen it as low as $250 with other UVI items I own as an upgrade path, but would prefer to get it for less as I have enough synthesis options already. I have heard it's great as a sound designer's tool, so it has my interest.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

iLok/ PACE is no go here.
I never wanted on my machines and I´m happy I got rid of eLicencer too.

:)

Bud
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I don't like my VST-Instruments being on Ilok. I do have some Effects on Ilok as TC Electronic stuff was must-have, but there are LOTS of great Non-dongled instruments with quite a few being Super-Synths like Falcon.

Falcon is certainly a BEAST! I do like a few things about it such as its Bowed String Oscilator; I love their Sound FX Libraries such as Walker (footsteps), Unlock (door sounds), and Xtreme FX (gun shots, magic sounds, etc). But you don't need Falcon to use its Libraries you can use their free Player for that wich is what i plan to do. Falcons Libraries do help it to stand out over other SuperSynths/Workstations in that regard but there's a better way to get those things than to pay $350 and have a key instrument tied to a dongle.

I do have the UVI Plate Reverb and love it, but also hope they Upgrade it to further improve some things about it. I have'nt really heard Falcon's Effects but i'm sure they're high-quality judging from Plate and other Effects they have.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, the problems you mention guys are big ones, nevertheless, I must recognize its supreme quality and power, I whish I had it. All those internet subscriptions of today's world are a shame, instate of getting the software for a price they get you there forever.

Dongle: This is one of the reasons I returned to Cubase after Studio One, no more dongles ahead, a joy. Agree with everyone there!

Yes, Falcon's effects are top notch no doubt, I can confirm it.

It's creativity goes beyond what you might think, this software has progressed a lot, it is not the UVI Falcon you got to know two years ago or more, it has changed. Falcon is a mega instrument, it is like having the full Arturia's V Collection, the latest Kontakt, some of the best VST Synths on the market, and them some, all at the same time in a single place that is light, rock solid stable, but with way more programing power and tidiness than the rest.

I see all of you already new about it, I new but didn't like in those days. Now I am astonished.
valis

Post by valis »

Again, I can purchase and own Falcon. Do you not see this option?
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

valis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 pm Again, I can purchase and own Falcon. Do you not see this option?
Yes I do, https://www.uvi.net/en/quick-order, but it is way too expensive for a go-now-shot.
valis

Post by valis »

Ah ok, it sounded like you only saw subscription. Yes, on this we are agreed.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Check Roy's site. http://www.cwmodular.org/
He posted some good info on UVI Falcon
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Cheers
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I AM tempted, I am.... :roll:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

My temptation does NOT goes down man... uffff, iwanet, iwanet, iwanet and then, iwanet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I'm even closer now, HELP...., pull me back! Please! No, I don't want to! I'm kind of divided within myself I guess.... :P
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Nestor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:22 pm I'm even closer now, HELP...., pull me back! Please! No, I don't want to! I'm kind of divided within myself I guess.... :P
I think the forefront of synthesis right now is Physical-Modeling and Creative-Physical-Modeling wich allows you to invent your own instruments out of your imagination. Audio Modeling is the best at Physical Modeling ITB, IMO, and far beyond Falcon.. When it comes to Creative-Physical-Modeling it's Reason that is by far ahead of everyone with Objekt and Friktion, plus a highly flexible routing enviroment with all the routing-destinations you need i.e. sequencers, arps, modulators, Combinators, and other devices in a way that's endless. Reason has many different types of synthesis with Creative-Physical-Modeling being Chief amongs them. CPM has more unique and never heard sounds that are interesting to me.

Does Reason have the libraries of Falcon? Yes and no. in the conventional sense Reason is weak with libraries but it does have impressive libraries within plugins like Pangea World Instruments. I think all the great mega-instruments have a trick or two that the others can't do it just boils down to what do you want or need the most?

Audio Modeling - https://audiomodeling.com/strings/swam-violin/

Reason Objekt- https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/
valis

Post by valis »

Logic's Physical modeling synth has existed for some time, AAS has a bevy of good 'physical modeling' synths, u-He released Twangstrom about 4-5 years ago (after a typical beta process) and there were karplus-strong synths going all the way back to the late 90's (there used to be a competitor to https://www.swarvst.com/ who used physical modeling instead of samples to create their sitar and percussive models, I can't recall the name now). Reaktor was a great place for this too.

Karplus-strong is a filter set in the middle of a feedback loop for the 'string' portion, often combined with additional post-filtering plus feedback built into delay lines to create the 'body cavity' effect. CSound makes all of this accessible once you learn to read the Orchesta and Score files.

None of this is to refute you, but it's worth noting it's been around for a while and there are many options available to us now, so we can all play along.

AI is progressing nicely now, and I believe that started with Sonic Charge Synplant (as far as commercial products go). Being able to quickly 'model' something with a sample also applied to many additive synthesis models (synths), but with the AI models we get an entirely different way to input control and effect change for a new range of expressiveness and change across time.

And I think the latter (AI modeling) is the only thing not yet offered in Falcon, unless I missed that.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Oh, i was not implying Physical Modelling was just coming out when i stated it was at the forefront of synthesises :) just that the biggest improvements soundwise recently are with it, to my ears. I owned AAS stuff over 10 years ago and the recent stuff from IKM, Audio Modeling, and Reason Studios are far more convincing to my ears, even over AAS newest stuff. I had twangstrum for many years and i still like and still have U-HE Twangstrum but the new Spring model from Klanghelm is much better and more 'real' sounding.

The recent advancements in Pysical Modeling and Creative Physical Modeling from Audio Modeling, Reason, etc have been very significant to my ears. Where Native synths sound a bit better than before the Physical Model side is generally MUCH better, to my ears. PM and CPM are some of Native's greatest strenghths now IMO.

EDITED
valis

Post by valis »

Now we're digging into the meat of the discussion. I didn't think you implied it was just coming out, but if we're going to talk Physical Modeling let's cover the bases.

Btw my interest in models, whether it's VA or circuit modeling, physical modeling, AI models or even physics models is how they can be adapted to creative new territories to explore as well as how accurately they model the original territory meant to model (the latter tends to give better results when out of the bounds of the known, so to speak). So what's your impression of the tools within Reason on that front? Ie, how far outside the bounds of normal instrument modeling do you find them to be able to be pushed in ways that are both convincing and expressive, as well as improved for regular modeling?
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

valis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:16 pm Btw my interest in models, whether it's VA or circuit modeling, physical modeling, AI models or even physics models is how they can be adapted to creative new territories to explore as well as how accurately they model the original territory meant to model (the latter tends to give better results when out of the bounds of the known, so to speak).
What you are saying you want from PM is EXACTLY what i usually want. I love the more open-ended Creative-Physical-Modeling that can create a wide range of acoustic/electric/etc instruments that are known but also create hybrid instruments and venture into unknown territory and create fantasy instruments. Reasons Objekt is the best at that type of versatility and consistantly sounds good. But from my experience the more open-ended the PM is the more of a jack-of-all-trades but master-of-none it is. Meaning it does a lot of things good but not great while the most accurate PM is usually of a fixed design and only Models 1 instrument like Audio Modeling does with its string and brass instruments.

Reasons Objekt is the most versatile i've heard covering drums, horns, strings, mallets, crystal glasses, bells, synths,electric pianos, etc and it does so in a way that's better than other supersynths and open-ended Models but not as accurate as a fixed design like Audio Modelinggs Saxaphone wich specializes in only that one instrument.

valis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:16 pm So what's your impression of the tools within Reason on that front? Ie, how far outside the bounds of normal instrument modeling do you find them to be able to be pushed in ways that are both convincing and expressive, as well as improved for regular modeling?
If you'reasking me if the science is perfected or not with PM/CPM , the answer is no. But still i stand by my words that the biggest improvements in Native Synthesis to me is Physical Modeling and this truly is one of Natives biggest strenghths to me. While not totally accurate yet, still the improvements are still VERY significant to my ears. Reasons Objekt produces tone and textures well regarding wood, metal,etc instruments and is pretty expressive. Audio Modeling instruments are EXTREMELY expressive, wich can be heard in the videos on their website.

All-in-all, totally accurate PM is the desire and aim, but even when not completely accurate like the current generation the tech still is at a point where the job can be done satisfactory to me and one can still have a lot of fun. While not totally accurate yet i'm still greatly impressed with current PM/CPM and sometimes it does fool the ear and sound accurate.

EDITED
valis

Post by valis »

What I was asking was what your first portion of your reply contained: how does object compare in terms of range of sounds as well as quality of synthesis. If I want an accurate instrument I will record it played by an excellent player, simple as.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Sounddesigner wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:34 pm
Nestor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:22 pm I'm even closer now, HELP...., pull me back! Please! No, I don't want to! I'm kind of divided within myself I guess.... :P
I think the forefront of synthesis right now is Physical-Modeling and Creative-Physical-Modeling wich allows you to invent your own instruments out of your imagination. Audio Modeling is the best at Physical Modeling ITB, IMO, and far beyond Falcon.. When it comes to Creative-Physical-Modeling it's Reason that is by far ahead of everyone with Objekt and Friktion, plus a highly flexible routing enviroment with all the routing-destinations you need i.e. sequencers, arps, modulators, Combinators, and other devices in a way that's endless. Reason has many different types of synthesis with Creative-Physical-Modeling being Chief amongs them. CPM has more unique and never heard sounds that are interesting to me.

Does Reason have the libraries of Falcon? Yes and no. in the conventional sense Reason is weak with libraries but it does have impressive libraries within plugins like Pangea World Instruments. I think all the great mega-instruments have a trick or two that the others can't do it just boils down to what do you want or need the most?

Audio Modeling - https://audiomodeling.com/strings/swam-violin/

Reason Objekt- https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/
Loved your post my brother, I will check your links out right now, cheers! :)