1 WEEK SPRING 'N' SCOPE OFFER INCLUDING SCOPE BETA 8!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

pranza

Re: 1 WEEK SPRING 'N' SCOPE OFFER INCLUDING SCOPE BETA 8!

Post by pranza »

it's a bit of a strange situation - the system has owners which are up to the money but are not up to doing any money-worth work on the system.

fix soundcard source / destination modules - have been stuttering and passing garbage
fix samplerates - no 88K selection
fix WDM drivers - inputs and outputs
fix blue screens - Vdat and other occurences
re-enable XTC as in v5 and earlier (i won't buy the bullshit it's not needed as it's the main selling point of UAD, has been of TC electronic Powercore - it IS proven needed).
make XTC VST3 x64 compatible - that's for dessert

i would pay like €500 for this. but not for some re-dressed in different colour GUIs and old bugs with new version number stuck on :)
valis

Post by valis »

Not doing any money-worth work? Aside from 2 short stints while I had each child, I've used my home work environment to support my family since...2003?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

pranza wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:41 am ...- the system has owners which are up to the money but are not up to doing any money-worth work on the system.
Now,- what´s your money worth work w/ "the system"?
You post so much of irrelevant BS here, I get the impression you´d die of boredom soon when you don´t.

:roll:

Bud
astroman

Post by astroman »

pranza wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:41 am
fix soundcard source / destination modules - have been stuttering and passing garbage
fix samplerates - no 88K selection
fix WDM drivers - inputs and outputs
fix blue screens - Vdat and other occurences
re-enable XTC as in v5 and earlier (i won't buy the bullshit it's not needed as it's the main selling point of UAD, has been of TC electronic Powercore - it IS proven needed).
soundcard source destination is emulating a Soundblaster device... couldn‘t care less
never needed 88k samplerate, WDM drivers, XTC, my Powercore is on hiatus in a box (I have all it‘s plugins in Pro Tools)
no bluescreens with VDAT here...

To each his (or her) own, but as far as I‘m concerned:
my only regret is the amount of time I wasted with VST and even some IOS stuff, when everything I needed in sound was already present in Scope.
Ok, I have a couple of VSTs by Valhalla, Zynaptiq and Polyverse. But considering the amount of IOS crap that I piled up, only a small fraction gets regular use. :-?
(there ARE some true gems in this system, though)

cheers, Tom - no offense intended :)
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I guess every scoper also owns some DAWs and VSTs. In theory, I could replace my scope gear by Samplitude, Ableton live, Bitwig or former cubase. I never reached the flow, quality and reuseability scope provides by using VSTs.
Although a pure software solution seems attractive on first glance, my experience is different.
VSTs which worked well on WinXp started to suck on Vista, many VSTs with 32bit now suck on 64bit, some VSTs require online licence checks.

Yes, there is room for improvement in scope, but it's still a competitive system to use.
The 64bit issues of STS or VDat seem to be "just plain bugs", as I once managed to get STS working on a clean W10 system with W10privacy and all mainboard soundcards "disabled".
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
pranza

Post by pranza »

hey!
i meant the s|c company has owners who are changing version numbers and ask for money but the unifxed stuff stays unfixed, not about S|C users making money.

"as I once managed to get STS working on a clean W10 system with W10privacy and all mainboard soundcards "disabled"" -- exactly! that's the proof STS, Vdat, and XTC stuff can work
in my experience there is no need to disable any hw devices or other soundcards BUT requires tinkering with windows ""security"" features"
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

pranza wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:57 am "as I once managed to get STS working on a clean W10 system with W10privacy and all mainboard soundcards "disabled"" -- exactly! that's the proof STS, Vdat, and XTC stuff can work
STS, VDAT maybe. XTC on 64 bit O/S and working as VST3 less likely.
pranza

Post by pranza »

xtc works here on win11 after some tricks but it really takes effort - it doesn't endure reboots but for that session it's stable.

vst3 and x64 vst - unless someone is willing to write the interface dlls i guess.
there are existing scope vst2 32bit dlls which might be disassembled and looked into how it's all put together but i don't want to speculate any further..:)
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

pranza wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:05 pm xtc works here on win11 after some tricks but it really takes effort - it doesn't endure reboots but for that session it's stable.
Any chance of a step by step instruction on how to do this ? I'd really like to try it out.
pranza

Post by pranza »

please pardon my long disappearance but i've been doing.. uh... tests.
to avoid recommending any unnecessary or even harmful voodoo.
and indeed i deducted quite a lot and what seemed to be a longish talmud is very simple now.

install scope 5.1
if the driver doesn't install - do 'testsigning on' trick and try again
make sure you're ready for blue screens - for that, disable any fragile services like databases and don't run programs which tend to corrupt themselves while you're testing.

go to exploit protection panel and disable all mitigations you can find - they brick not only scope but other software, especially if it's older and relies on elaborate copy protection schemes.

open DAW and scan your scope vsts - if it does and no blue screen - perfect!
exit DAW, run scope standalone program - see if opening VDAT x64 gives you blue screen. if not - perfect, samplers should work too.

IF you get bluescreen just let it reboot and try loading up xtc vst (i try multifx-s and then something into it)
or just straight on go for scope application and try to open VDAT.
after some crashes in a row, windows can boot into emergency screen saying perhaps you want to do troubleshooting or fixing - say no please, just continue to windows... when booted, try loading vdat or xtc stuff again - until you're lucky.
once you're lucky, keep that boot for as long as you can and work with scope vdat, xtc, samplers...as it's 1998!...:)

that's it!

regards,
p
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Oh wow, congrats!
Might try this on v7 as I kinda miss working with the samplers
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Thanks Pranza - I take it this (XTC) will only work with Scope 5.1 - not Scope 7. It was probably taken out of Scope by version 7.
Casper

Post by Casper »

Is it already 'after NAM' ?
Is the driver finally certified?
Or has this one man show come to an end?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Once, I signed up for the beta test team,- but up today this driver never became public beta.
So,- no new driver up to now and I´ve never seen a beta version.

I´d highly appreciate a new driver for Win 11 x64 !
LunaMan

Post by LunaMan »

Casper wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am Or has this one man show come to an end?
Three man.