I gave up giving up scope and come back, keep the faith!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

I gave up giving up scope and come back, keep the faith!

Post by Marco »

:D ok I give up my mistake, giving up scope! I come back, because scope is still the best when using hardware synthesizers! You can stop observing ebay, etc. for my scope cards, they are definitiv worthful :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
k500zm

Re: I gave up giving up scope and come back, keep the faith!

Post by k500zm »

Too right Marco - Scope is amazing - Your imagination is the limit - the routing possibilities are second to none - and the sound quality is superb :)

It's just surprising that whenever anyone asks what soundcard I use and I tell them Sonic Core - 99% of people have never heard of it or can comprehend how amazing it is !
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

LOL, Marco. You must have had a "Senior Moment" last week.

Yes I find Scope a great addition to the external gear,in fact it makes using the latter easier due to routing etc, not to mention just sounding great on its own too. We knew you would come around, so welcome back to the fold. :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Welcome back Marco !
Scope can be a litte bitch sometimes, but when it works, it's an addiction.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

I think sometimes we forget that even a modest Scope system is a virtual world-class recording/mixing/mastering facility with a ton of outboard and a big room full of synths. While it's easier and more convenient in many ways it still takes time, practice, and maintenance to be fully cooperative with our creative time. Excuse me now, gotta rearrange the saturators on a mixer...
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

nebelfuerst wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:48 am Welcome back Marco !
Scope can be a litte bitch sometimes, but when it works, it's an addiction.
Haha.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:P I really have a good collection of SC cards and Plugins. It would be stupid to give it up!
But that's not the real point, the point is, that the Realtime prozessing inside of scope replace so many hardware devices, I have had to realize, that I need these Tools for many reasons.

So up the irons, we all need scope! :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

Scope is so versatile that even when it cant do some functions due to your studio limitations or bad hair days there's always something else it can do that others cant, so will always rise from the ashes if kicked down.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:D DANTE! YOU SAY IT :D
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

The grass always looks greener on the otherside, but when you go to the otherside or give it some seriouse thought you realize it aint all that great. Choosimg Native-Only or some other solution that does not include SCOPE DSP may look attractive at first untill all their glaring deficiencies start to stand-out. Plus SCOPE only adds to your studio not subtracts since it includes and integrates other solutions into it, thus the best answer is not Native or SCOPE but both wich is what SCOPE allows. SCOPE welcomes your Native, UAD, Hardware, etc and makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Native on its own i find inadequate; i find it's always getting better but never quite get there, atleast not on some fronts IMO. I'm NOT saying Native or anything else is not a pro solution cause it is and ofcourse good results can be gotten with it, but i do believe SCOPE is a bit better on some fronts like synths and modular, etc atleast to my taste. Plus SCOPE has its own unique sounds. Plugins from dNa, Celmo, OSS, Spacef, etc just fit what i do better than Native or other alternatives. And i like the SCOPE's workflow and SCOPE does'nt have all the draconian copy-protections Native plugins have wich one may be forced to take on if one tries to rely solely on Native. I prefer the best of both worlds with SCOPE as heart and generally primary choice. There may not be a lot of new stuff with SCOPE but the old was built well.

EDITED
astroman

Post by astroman »

Nice summary :)
Tbh the only VSTs I use on a regular base are the Vahallas plus (non-VST) SAW Studio Reverb and Levelizer.
okantah

Post by okantah »

You can't just wake up and give that powerful thing up its impossible
Marco

Post by Marco »

I will buy rme a raydat and use it in parallel to scope. To experience what the easiest way is. Then I decide, what the future will be. I had a Steinberg interface here, I have mixed impressions. But with USB I had 96k and 3ms latency, that's really good. And no pci bottleneck fuck message, I hate that card. At the end I will use both for different purpose.
valis

Post by valis »

Marco, I use RME cards all over the studio. In fact I have 3 of them (1 on a Mac Pro, 1 on a dual xeon, 1 on an 8700K rig). 2 of those 3 machines connect to Scope via AES/SPDIF and ADAT. I run Clock via BNC cables to all 3 of those machines. The 8700K rig stands alone and only has analog i/o running to my analog mixing board, and all of these other machines (including Scope) go to my main board as well. Scope works great this way, I just think of it as a full rack of gear in a computer...and I can still host software natively on that machine as well (I use Bidule for that).

And to be 100% honest, that machine is still running a WinXP install from over a decade ago, and going strong. I rarely if ever add anything to that machine (other than Scope devices) and never have issues with the OS. It is technically networked to my studio, but I don't go online for much from that machine either (something GaryB often suggests). Of course all my other computers are modern OS versions and go online just fine...

In any case, simplifying things into roles and dedicating those roles to separate machines has certainly helped me avoid headaches.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:D :D :D Valis you are a genius! Perfect idea! Thx for the Inspiration. I will do this in the future. :)

Then I need a workclock Module for Scope and raydat?

Can you tell me what Mobo you use and Prozessor and scope 7 32 bit?