V7.0.1706 View Screen sets layouts not saving window positions correctly - STM2448 and routing window positions

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

djmooncat

V7.0.1706 View Screen sets layouts not saving window positions correctly - STM2448 and routing window positions

Post by djmooncat »

Hi All,

I've had a search through the forum for similar posts to the issue I've found but couldn't find anything obvious. I've upgraded to V7 of the Scope application and have a couple of problems with saving screen set layouts, one old and one new.

1. When I position the STM2448 Main mixer window on the screen and align the Channel window next to so it almost looks like one big window when I save a screen set with the windows in this position and select another screen set and return to the saved screen set with the STM2448 mixer the channels window jumps to a different position to the left.
STM2448-Correct Saved Position.png
STM2448-Correct Saved Position.png (141.62 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
STM2448-channel window jumped left. png.png
STM2448-channel window jumped left. png.png (154.9 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
As you can see the windows jumps left, the only way I can get it to stay in the correct position is to move the channel window to the right by the amount it jumps left and then when it jumps left its in about the right position, but it takes quite a while to do this and every time I want to make a slight channel to the Screen Set i have to repeated the process as when you unlock the screen set it them jumps left again.

I'm running Version 7.0.1706 of the scope application on Windows 7 x64 with an NVIDIA Geforce graphics card. this problem was also present in the previous version of the scope software I was running v5.0.2603 x64 Windows 7

2. The second problem is that when I save multiple screen sets and would like one to display the routing window but another to not display the routing window the visibility of the routing window is ignored by the screens set and it will stay visible if it was visible or stay hidden if it was hidden. I didn't have this problem in the previous v5.0.2603 x64 Scope software I was running.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Wolferich

Re: V7.0.1706 View Screen sets layouts not saving window positions correctly - STM2448 and routing window positions

Post by Wolferich »

Same problem here. No solution yet unfortunately.
dawman

Re: V7.0.1706 View Screen sets layouts not saving window positions correctly - STM2448 and routing window positions

Post by dawman »

The Routing can only be controlled from the View/Routing Window
Last night I made my screen sets.
But I use Master Channel, Master Return, and Channels Layout.
You can save what you’re trying to save but your resolution is making it move around.

This is why I select the above and can live with that as I like a certain screen resolutions with 150% increase in sizing.
dawman

Post by dawman »

What works nice for me is to save the Channel Layout. Then go from level to aux 1/2/3/4 etc. using MIDI CCs.
My channel layout is 16 since I’m using 14 channels.
Pretty nice actually and far more advanced than all of these other Native Mixers or DSP Mixers by UAD.
Wolferich

Post by Wolferich »

"The Routing can only be controlled from the View/Routing Window"

This seems to be correct - unfortunately. This should normally be part of a saved screenset.

" You can save what you’re trying to save but your resolution is making it move around."

What do you mean by that? I don't understand