I got this new beast

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

I got this new beast

Post by dante »

Scorptec Hornet Core i7 Pro Office PC SS-HORNETI7PRO-2
Intel Core i7 8700 6 Core, Intel H310 Chipset, 16GB 2400MHz RAM, 500GB SSD, Wireless AC, Fractal Design Core mATX Case, 500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro

Its a bloody ripper mate - unfortunately not for music at this stage, just for home office as I am set up to work from home, with video conferencing via BlueJeans and Logitech headset to work colleagues around the world (Singapore, India, asia pacfic).

However, this is the type of setup I would upgrade my next Scope / Reason system to. One day I will run Reason on it for testing. Propellerheads have promised VST optimisations so cant wait to see how this type of hardware would perform in that context. Meanwhile the old i7-4790 does a stellar job - I'm not overly musically restricted there.

SYSOPS : Had issues placing these pics - they duplicated as attachments as well as inline (?)

valis

Re: I got this new beast

Post by valis »

Fixed. However if you edit the original parent post, it will re-occur. Congrats on the new rig!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Great, Dante ! Don't forget to tell us if Intel H310 Chipset works correctly with your Scope system when you will install it ! (A Xite-D, right ?)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Congrats on the new beast! When you do migrate your audio work to it definitely let us know how it all goes. Those recent generations 6-Cores are very impressive and well priced for the Audio-World. Real powerhouses for sure!
dante

Post by dante »

Thanks for the fix Valis. @JoPo & SoundDesigner - it might be the case that I get similar rig for music workstation rather than hook the XITE-1D to this one. Then Ill use one of those mobos that support the PCI cards as well. At the moment, Im hesitant to change anything coz 'it aint broke'. But if I decide otherwise, Ill post here of course.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Powerful 6 Core.
Nice to know about H310 compatibility too.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Looks like another 6-Core by intel has just been released. Intel seems to have a goal of dramatic speed increase for their 6-Cores. The new i7 8086K 6-Core is running at 4 GHz. That's almost as fast as the current quads wich are 4.2 GHZ and a pretty big increase over 6-cores from a couple years ago wich topped at 3.5 GHZ at a higher price. Hopefully the next quads will go to atleast 4.5 GHZ or higher. The new 8086k looks awesome and is well priced at $429 (about $50 more than the 8700k 6-Core). Nice to see 6-Cores hit the 4 GHZ mark and at a lowering price.