How can scope start when W10 boots ?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

How can scope start when W10 boots ?

Post by JoPo »

Hi !

I added Scope in the start folder but it doesn't start with the pc, I have to launch it manually. How should I do ?

Thank you !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Ripper

Re: How can scope start when W10 boots ?

Post by Ripper »

I use a batch file for that:

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo "Starting SCOPE"
start "" "H:\Program Files\SCOPE PCI\App\Bin\Scope.exe"
Change the "H:" for "C:" if you have Scope intalled in the C: drive.

Also, make a shortcut for that batch file and it will be that shortcut that you have to put in the Startup folder, with administrator rights in case it is needed. I don't need the elevated permissions for scope but do need for copperlan.
In case of using copperlan i use this batchfile:

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo "Starting SCOPE"
start "" "H:\Program Files\SCOPE PCI\App\Bin\Scope.exe"
REM This command is sleeping execution for 25 seconds.
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 26 > nul 

echo "Starting CopperLan"
REM This command starts the copperlan service
net start CPVNM
Those batch file commands where put here in the Z by some nice user some years ago.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Damn ! :o

I've got another one that doesn't want to start with windows. I noticed that they both have a small badge on their icons. Do you know what that does mean ? Isn't there a simplier way to make them start as they should ?
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

The badge is the "Administrator Mode" i was refering to.
It should work if you put a shortcut into the startup folder.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Scope should NOT start with Windows, but it can be done, as indicated.
win10 is not like XP or win98, although it looks similar. because of security changes and the fact that Scope must run in Admin mode, autostart is more messy than just opening Scope when you boot the computer. it's only two key clicks.

the batch file above should certainly work.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Sadly, it doesn't want to work ! I tried every batch file possible, my other application that didn't want agrees, now but not Scope.

I tried in autohotkey script too without luck.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

That's it. Finally, I achieved to start Scope when W10 boots thanks to 'startup delayer' which I already was using it for other reasons. I had to delay the launch of Scope by 7s. And it's working perfectly. :)

W10 is nice but it has also a lot of but there also many annoying things ! Anyway, I think it's going fine, now.
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

You can use Autohotkey for this kind of things. Learning Autohotkey makes sense if you make many things. You can define a start delay after the system boot, as well as many nice actions like starting the explorer in your favorite folder, starting the internet browser, the DAW with your default or current project etc.. You can also remap keys and shortcuts so all your software obey to the same shortcuts. Autohotkey can interact with MIDI but i didn't try it so far.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

tonatona wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:16 pm You can use Autohotkey for this kind of things. Learning Autohotkey makes sense if you make many things. You can define a start delay after the system boot, as well as many nice actions like starting the explorer in your favorite folder, starting the internet browser, the DAW with your default or current project etc.. You can also remap keys and shortcuts so all your software obey to the same shortcuts. Autohotkey can interact with MIDI but i didn't try it so far.
Thanks, Tonatona ! I already use Autohotkey a lot ! Yes : that's a very useful application, not too hard to learn and allowing to do many many things. And its community in forums is always ready to help.

I've found solutions. A convenient utility became part of my solutions : https://soundswitch.aaflalo.me/ it allows me to change windows default audio device with a simple keyboard shortcut. :)