Scope / S-C Reverbs

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MrV

Scope / S-C Reverbs

Post by MrV »

Hi folks ,

Coming up to my 20th year using Creamware / Scope / Sonic-Core on the pci cards ...and still loving it :)

I would like to compile a list of all the Reverbs available ( for v5.1 )

Is there a link to , or a list somewhere , of all available Reverbs ?

Thanks in advance . Michael
valis

Re: Scope / S-C Reverbs

Post by valis »

If we compile the list here, and you can help copy each person’s additions into your parent post, I will link this from the frontend website for these forums (hint hint everyone).
MrV

Post by MrV »

Thanks Valis , great :)
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

My favorite is Celmo's Spring Reverberator, here - http://www.celmo.com/download_page.htm

Warp69 and Relab are going to release a special fx Reverb multi-effector wich is a emulation of the Ursa Major SpaceStation SST-206, wich I can't wait till it comes to SCOPE. It's been a very long time since they announced it but they haven't made their Native releases they announced long ago either so i suspect they ran into some trounles but I still expect the SCOPE plugin to come. There is a beta of it but it doesn't have all the algorithms yet of the final release. The beta of the URSA Major Spacestation is here -http://www.forums.scopeusers.com/viewto ... 16&t=34553

Apart from Celmo's Spring Reverberator and the future UMS by Relab I feel that Reverbs are a weak point for SCOPE, there are a few others around such as the Stock ones but IMO they are just OK at best. JMHO. Hopefully Warp69 will remedy this problem soon and release the final version of the UMS SST-206 and more soon!

EDITED
MrV

Post by MrV »

Thanks Sounddesigner, yes part of my reason for asking about the Scope reverbs is that I have never felt they were fabulous
but given the power of Scope cards and S-C Excite this is where Really Good reverbs :) could live , given that I am mixing more
inside native systems Cubase / StudioOne4 these days but their big reverbs still consume too much of the native processing imo ,
therefore an External FX bussed to Scope setup works really well .
I'm thinking , in general terms , just as the way that there is no such thing as a bad microphone , the same could be said for
Scope Reverbs ... and the more the better :)
The UrsaMajor Spacstation looks interesting .

Michael
dawman

Post by dawman »

I always liked shimmering Reverbs and SC Room 5.1.
I put SC Room 5.1 on AUX 2 then RoyTs BB Delay on AUX 4.
AUX 1 gets dNa Chorus from Rack FX, then Optimus Prime or SpaceF AUX Delay on AUX 3.

Still have FX Inserts pre and Post for dynamics per channel.

Pretty much covers scenarios for my needs.
valis

Post by valis »

I have to admit I haven't collected 3rd party reverb myself (yet?) though because I have other hardware and software that do well at that role already. So I am looking forward to the answers here.

But I have to add that I actually like the stock reverbs as well.

When I mix on my analog board Masterverb & Masterverb pro can serve as an extra send or two from my board where needed, alongside my other gear. Both of them are also perfectly suited to setting up a monitor mix for recording guests here.

And the other stock reverbs work well in a utilitarian context supporting other actors in the soundstage, rather than taking the lead. Scope E-Reflector for thickening sharp midrange and midbass synth elements, and the SC-Plate for giving a shimmer to b2003 or similar elements routed from my board. These effects also have the advantage of being dsp friendly, so your choice of beauty tools can still be used in Scope.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Scope Reflector never worked for me in XITE-1?
I had to use MVerb Pro and skip over the main verb to use early reflects.
If the new reflects works that’s great.
They make great gated Reverb simulations for horn sections.
valis

Post by valis »

You always enjoy the latest toys! Some of us just keep rockin' with the classics :D
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

A couple options for reverb/ambience available for SCOPE that some people may not be aware of are:

1. Peter4724 created a clone of the UAD Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery System plugin by Bob Katz (Also available in Native world threw Algorithmix). It can be used to add or subtract natural ambience inherent to the original source. It's a free plugin but the overall quality is so good that it should have been a commercial plugin IMO. I thought Peter4724 should've became a commercial developer cause he definitely has talent, but he chose not to. It is a SCOPE plugin now, here's a link to it, you may need to PM Peter - http://www.forums.scopeusers.com/viewto ... 16&t=33225

2. dNa improved the algorithm of Masterverb and put it into his commercial product EffectRack wich is an amazing modular Rack multiFX plugin. Here's a link to it - http://scope.zone/index.php?id=1360&lg= ... &d_2437=43

EDITED
MrV

Post by MrV »

Thanks folks , there's some gems hidden away in here , looking forward to trying them out :)
MrV

Post by MrV »

Been playing with the Celmo Spring Reverberator very nice ...but the demo version has that beep of course .
Is it possible to buy the full version anywhere ? his website looks around 2007 era and no purchase links work .

Cheers , Michael
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

MrV wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:25 pm Been playing with the Celmo Spring Reverberator very nice ...but the demo version has that beep of course .
Is it possible to buy the full version anywhere ? his website looks around 2007 era and no purchase links work .

Cheers , Michael
Celmo's plugins should still be for sale. I've bought many of his plugins periodically over the years. I checked his website and you are right the purchase links no longer work for some reason. I would email him if I were you and tell him his links are broken and that you are interested in buying a plugin. His email address is at the bottom of that web-page I linked to. Try that email address and see if he responds, I may have another email address of his if needed.
MrV

Post by MrV »

Ok thnx Sounddesigner will do , cheers
valis

Post by valis »

I'll drop him a line too.
astroman

Post by astroman »

The stock reverbs of the S-C series are reincarnations of Warp69's former plugins - imho pretty good reverbs
(dunno if anything except the graphics was modified)

Early First (Paul Tanti) made some excellent reverbs (sold in versions with different resource requirements)
I deeply regret that I only have the small 2016 (just running a 4 DSP Pulsar back then... quite unique sound, iirc.
Most of my reverbs are native today (SawStudio's and Valhalla) to avoid PCI bus load, and I also like the (much dissed) Lexiverb and Kind of Loud's Realverb in Pro Tools TDM.
dante

Post by dante »

Rundowns of 4 of the reverbs here - SC Room 5.1, SC Ambience, SC RMX120 and SC Plate Reverb

http://www.hitfoundry.com/scope/
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Regarding Celmo's broken Purchase-Links; the problem doesn't seem to be with Celmo but with the company he uses for payment processing. After doing a little research I discovered the company Celmo used for payment processing Kagi has gone out of business after falling prey to fraud. Celmo was using Kagi to process orders and now Kagi is deceased.

I truly hope Celmo fixes this problem and get with a new payment company cause Celmo has too many GREAT SOUNDING devices to do nothing about this and let them disappear off the market. After many years some of his devices has stood the test of time and are still the best out here IMO. Some of his devices are part of the main attractions to SCOPE for me. If he has or ever does leave SCOPE it will be a great loss to this platform IMV. VERY underrated developer who never got all the credit he deserved IMO .

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valis

Post by valis »

Wow Kagi failed to fraud, interesting didn't know that. Explains why so many have moved to gumroad or digitalriver that used to use Kagi.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Celmos stuff is awesome.
No Screenset capabilities but for recording/editing folks that’s no big deal.
Master Channel with 2.1 and Ken Suguro’s presets is still great for rigs using stereo + a Sub.