Enhancia - Neova Ring

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Enhancia - Neova Ring

Post by spacef »

Hi guys,
I don't know if you heard of the neova ring to add gestures to keyboard playing.
As I've been (secretely) involved in the prototype testing and improvment of the final UI , I wantedt o share that if you are interested it's only 4 days left on kickstarter. I did not program anything, just feedback, ideas and recommandations to the programmers, who followed most of them.

I have no interest in that company or in the success of their ring, except that I also supported the project financially on kickstarter. I know some pros took one for each hand :D

Personnally it's something I've been missing my whole life for the vibrato on keyboard keys (my first instrument is guitar) and I will probably make a Ring vibrato to CV/analog synth . It works with scope synths of course.

And if I don't like it or have to sell it, I am sure I can sell it at least the price i paid as a kickstarter early bird.
Well, I hope you don't see it as advertising, just sharing what i think is a really innovative product doing obvious stuff but that did not exist previously

youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWFtb ... wHQJcOcmGQ
kickstarter; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ?ref=email
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Nestor

Re: Enhancia - Neova Ring

Post by Nestor »

I't s a fantastic idea, really cool! :) A great expression and fun toy. My only point against would be the batery. Why not feeding it through the USB port itself instate?
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
spacef

Post by spacef »

to make it wireless :)
the wire on the prototypes was annoying, getting on your way, might disconnect etc,
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Of course 8)

I see I have misunderstood the idea in the first place because I thought you could made it wireless anyway, connecting, not the ring, but the extension platform to the PC, but of course, the ring itself must have some electric power on it. Doh :oops:
spacef

Post by spacef »

i didn't design that technology, but super-low-latency-wireless is something new here. Personnally, I just made some recommendations on the software interface of the controller (what must be there), a few months ago already. i don't know if they can make it "usb plugable" nor how long is the battery life. may be get in touch with them directly for the idea, they know better if they can do it ;-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

The "Doh :oops: " was for myself, because it is obvious that the ring must work with energy, my ignorance on the matter
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’ll get one 4 each hand.
But wireless is key.
I’d be getting handcuffed all the time.

I’m using an app that connects to a mini iPad hardware screen via USB.
I trill my fingers above the screen in a scissors like action for 64th note string bows like Jean Luc Ponty.
It means I lose a hand though.
But 2 rings wireless?

I’m on it.