I need help please!!!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Strictly East

I need help please!!!

Post by Strictly East »

Hello
User of a pulsar 2 coupled to a Luna 2, when switching to Win7 and scope 5.1 I realized that my sound cards were no longer managed by Acid Pro 7, I deduced a problem of compatibility and switched to another software (cockos reaper)
now that version 8 of acid pro is out, I end up with the same problem. "The scope application is not running asio source and asio destare not included in your current project"
I do not understand, I tested with all modules Asio the problem remains the same.
Others among you have already met this problem, ideas ???
thank you
petal

Re: I need help please!!!

Post by petal »

Are you running both Scope and DAW in Administrator mode?
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

I just tested in admin mode with the same result.
I use cockos reaper, T-Racks and Live without encountering this problem.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Try VoiceMeeter. It makes Scope more ASIO "friendly" to native and multi-client.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

I just installed voicemeeter, I have a little trouble with the configuration, but all the tests I have done have not given anything
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

In the VoiceMeeter "Hardware Input 1,2 & 3" (3 left sliders), click. In the Dropdown, select "Remove Device Selection" and it will find the ASIO for Scope. Go to ""Menu", "System Settings" and map the ASIO Ins and outs to the ASIO ins and outs in your project.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

Thanks!
I followed the instructions, but the problem remains the same.
I really do not understand why this software refuses to load the Asio Scope and gives me this error message
garyb

Post by garyb »

using Voicemeeter Acid does not use Scope ASIO, it uses Voicemeeter ASIO.....
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

What error message do you get from VM? gary is correct )as usual) VM most definitely uses Scope ASIO as the ASIO source and destination. Your application must use VM as the ASIO driver and NOT Scope for it to work.
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

thank you for your perseverence;)
I followed the guidelines, my audio device in acid is the Voicemeeter vitual asio.
So I'm forced to select voicemeeter input in Windows playback device, but now I have no sound on the wav source ans sound card source.
In acid everything is OK but I have to disconnect the Asio dest because it causes a huge reverb.
On the asio scope plateform I have to select the default project, my zLink recording and Adat recording project do not come out of sound on acid.
I take it that I can not record audio?
garyb

Post by garyb »

not with wave drivers.

ASIO drivers should certainly work...
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

yes the asio works on acid with the virtual asio of Voicemeeter thank you for your help, but I have this huge reverb that appears when I connect the asio dest.
It is also impossible for me to map my 16 in the A16 ultra.
I now have no sound either on Reaper, T-Racks or just to listen to a wav file or an mp3
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't monitor in the software. Scope isn't a Windows soundcard. the reverb is feedback.

Reaper definitely works.

you do not access Scope i/o in the ASIO app. Scope isn't a soundcard. it's external hardware. Windows has no idea what is going on inside Scope. you must route the i/o in Scope. monitor inside Scope as well, in the Scope mixer. Scope is not inside your ASIO app. the app is inside Scope.

the Scope windows are simply the GUI so that you can control the hardware. only the picture is inside Windows.

the ASIO drivers must be present inside the Scope routing window, with the correct number of channels BEFORE opening the ASIO app. if those drivers are changed or removed, the ASIO app must be closed first.
Strictly East

Post by Strictly East »

I know the principle of operation, I practice for many years;).
I just wanted to make acid 8 work like version 7 on win xp with scope 3.1.
I'm able to pass on the voicemeeter virtual asio, I have no latency anymore ..
unfortunately for all that worked before (reaper, T-racks, simple audio playback) it is no longer the case..it is possible that have not set well voicemeeter ....
i will leave acid 8 (too bad I bought the license) or try to make it work with asio for all ..
in any case thank you for your time